Thursday, January 24, 2008

Day 11 - In dreams


Freud determined that dreams are the manifestation of an unconscious desire. If dreams truly are representations of repressed wishes, then I must really be wanting solid food. I've been dreaming of eating food practically every night. Even some non-vegan things. The annoying thing is I usually wake up thinking I messed up the juice feasting only to realize that I, in fact, didn't really eat anything after all. Has anyone else had this kind of experience while juice feasting? I can definitely attest to having much more vivid dreams since I've been juicing.

The odd thing is, I keep craving muffins lately. I rarely eat muffins! So this is extra weird. LOL.

Today I had:

1L water+msm+lemon
1L Celery/Collar greens/cilantro+kelp+E3live
1L Pineapple/blackberry (yum!)
600ml peppermint tea
500ml Carrot/Celery/Spinach+E3live
500ml Coconut water

Eeep! I know! I did bad today... I'll make it up tomorrow hehehe. Good news is, NO TUMMY PAINS at all today :) :) Yipee!

I also decided to treat myself today. I work 7 days a week normally, and have done so for 8 months now. I'm taking tomorrow off and possibly the weekend too. I need some relaxing time. I have tons of energy during the day on this, but when I start getting sleepy at night, there's no gray area... I just pass out! I need more 'me time'. I feel like all I've done lately is juice, work, clean, sleep.

Tscheuss!

4 comments:

B said...

Oh yeah, I dreamed it. Bagels slathered in butter...something I haven't eaten since maybe June last year, since going raw in July, but yeah. Was dreaming it every night in the beginning of the feast. Amazing, as I didn't really have cooked food cravings when I went raw really, just when I started feasting. The body is amazing.

Congrats on 11 days.

x Raw B

Terilynn said...

I dreamt of eating a huge bowl of kale a couple of times in the beginning. Now not so much.

Way to go on 11 days!

Peace and love,
Terilynn

Heather said...

I haven't juice feasted (yet), but when I quit smoking 6 years ago, I constantly dreamed that I had smoked cigarettes and relapsed. It was kind of great, actually, because it was like I got to "enjoy" the cigarette in my dream and then realize that I was mad about relapsing... and when I woke up, no harm had been done.

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm new to your blog and am trying to get caught up on your archives. I'm on day 13 of my juice feast and get so much out of reading about other's experiences.

I had to comment on this particular post because I've been having the same sort of dreams. I wake up wondering if I've cheated and really did eat that pie I dreamed of. Funny and disturbing!

I'm blogging at ourbabyblue.wordpress.com.

Much love, Sarah