Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Day 9 - More stomach pains


Day 9 already! I'm already 10% of the way there!

Today I had:

1L Water+msm+lemon
1L Celery/Collar greens/Cilantro+ kelp+ E3Live
1L Mystery melon (white flesh melon?)
600ml Apple/kiwi+hemp seed oil
600ml Coconut water+ E3Live
800ml Cucumber/Romaine/Leafy green lettuce/Pear
1Tbps bee pollen

That last juice was kind of nasty. :P

At around 11am I started getting major stomach pains again. All I had had to drink so far was the green juice. I was right about to start a kiosk and I was honestly feeling faint from the pain. I went and got a peppermint tea and in about 30-40 minutes I was all better. While I abhor getting these recurring stomach pains, I'm comforted to know that peppermint tea always fixes it. I had the regular chills again yesterday. Not as intense as before... but honestly, it doesn't help that our office is cooler to begin with.

Also, I've lost 10lbs in 9 days. That's gotta be rough for my body right?

I'm really happy I managed to hit the 1 gallon mark today. I think, last week, I was trying to ration foods as much as possible. This week, I've bought an enormous amount of food and I know that, should I run out, there's a health food store on my way home from work where I can buy fresh organic produce.

My nut milk bags are getting here today! *Loves Canada Post tracking* so that means I should be able to use my vitamix more now. I'm hoping this will really cut down on prep time. I'm spending about 1.5 hours in the kitchen each morning. Normally, I'm not a morning person, but getting up at 5:00am isn't so hard right now. Wow! Juicy energy, eh? But yea... I am passing out on the couch around 8 or 10pm every night! haha. I feel like a loser!

1 comment:

David and Katrina Rainoshek said...

Hi Ben!

Hooray on Day 9!!!

Ok, some more quick suggestions on pain in the stomach. Try eliminating apple for a bit, apple is very high in malic acid, which causes stomach upset for many. Also, try to keep cucumber use to a minimum.

It is great that you have discovered peppermint tea. Try to drink some ginger tea first, and then follow it up with peppermint. Also, licorice root tea is excellent for soothing the stomach.

Stay cozy in Ottawa!

With peaceful steps,

David and Katrina!