Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Day 2 - Major detox symptoms


Hello again!

I believe the detox symptoms are starting. Today I felt the following:

- Chills... hypothermia style!
- Cramping... ouch! poor tummy
- Runny nose (at random and short-lived intervals)
- Nausea
- Headaches
- Fatigue

The weird thing is, these symptoms usually kicked in shortly after having juice... and would subside after drinking water. Hmm! How cool is that?

I had a conference today where I was hosting a kiosk. It was a 7am to 6pm day. If I managed to juice feast on a day like today, then... I'm sure I can juice feast until day 92! I packed up my old flight attendant rollie with tons of ice packs and stuffed my mason jars in there and off I went! Brilliant! Of course, I also packed the rollie with towels to prevent "clink clink" noises and also to provide insulation.

Today I had:

1L Water + juice of half a lemon + 1 tsp MSM
1L Green juice: Celery/Cilantro/Green Chard (Seriously...1LB of green chard!)
1L Pineapple goodness juice: Pineapple/Honeydew/cucumber
1L Beet/grapefruit/ginger/field greens juice (+ hemp seed oil)
1L Water
500ml Chamomile tea
1L Carrot/Spinach juice + spirulina and kelp

The beet juice made my stomach really hurt so I still have a wee bit of that to go. The carrot/spinach juice is waiting for me too. I think I'll make sure to take my enzymes before drinking those. I noticed the enzymes make the tummy happy.

I really want to get some blood oranges... I wonder if I can find some here? Sigh.

Tonight... must force self to do yoga... It's been a looong day and I honestly just want to crawl into bed. Also debating whether or not to take Cascara Sagrada tonight or give it another few days. My tummy just hurts and I want it to stop :)

That's it for me....

- Ben

2 comments:

David and Katrina Rainoshek said...

Hi Ben!

Congratulations on the start of your Juice Feast! I (Katrina) was born in Ottawa, so it is great that there is someone JFing in my town of birth!

May we suggest a few things?

First, we would ask if you are doing enemas? If not, give them a try as they may help out with the rough stuff (chills, etc.) you were experiencing on Day 2.

Second, you say that your stomach is hurting. We would recommend that you try NOT mixing cantaloupe or citrus juices with other juices for a time and see if that helps. Also, try keeping citrus juice to a minimum, as it will cause "sour" stomach for many people if over done.

Hope that some of this helps, and we look forward to following your adventure on your blog!

With Love and Peaceful Steps,

David and Katrina Rainoshek

Ben Kaelan said...

Thank you so much for 'dropping by'! You guys are my juice heros! :)

The juice feasting word is spreading across Ottawa right now; at least within my office and through my network of friends! Do you still have family in the area or are they all in BC now?

I have been doing enemas every morning; about 30 min after drinking water-msm and a bit before starting to drink my morning green juice. I think I'll go for a colonic soon... I was thinking of doing that in 2-3 weeks.

I think you're absolutely right about the citrus. I'll be more careful with those from now on. I really appreciate the help! I made my melon juice seperate today and am avoiding citrus altogether. My tummy is much happier! :) The chills are subsiding too... but hey, living in Ottawa at this time of year; I guess occasional chills are to be expected haha!

Thanks again... I'm sooo thankful for your advice :)

I'll be signing up on juicefeasting.com soon.. paycheck just came in! :)

- Ben