Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Day 17 - Reflecting on Edgar Cayce


I watched a show on TV recently about Edgar Cayce. His life is just absolutely amazing. The show focused mainly on his prophecies; how he predicted the 1929 stock market crash, WW2, etc. Cayce also could diagnose and describe how to cure various conditions. The man had no medical background. He was a simple farmer with the extraordinary ability to go into a deep trance that enabled him to place his mind in contact with all time and space. From this state he could respond to questions as diverse as, "What are the secrets of the universe?" to "How can I remove a wart?"

It's interesting that Edgar Cayce described psoriasis as being a cause of 'leaky gut syndrome' before LGS was ever diagnosed on anyone:

The cause is the thinning of the walls of the intestinal system, which allows the escaping of poisons - or the absorption of same by the muco-membranes which surround same, and becomes effective in the irritation through the lymph and emunctory reactions in the body.


- Edgar Cayce

Why is juice feasting helping?

"An effective cure for same is first being mindful of the diet, during the periods when these necessary elements would be given for creating those activities within the system to close such conditions."

"The diet during such periods should be more of vegetables than of meats or sweets, so that there are those reactions that make for better unification in the membranes' reaction within the body."


One of Cayce's recommendations is to have American Saffon (Hong Hua in Chinese medicine) tea to detox the body and slippery elm in the drinking water in the morning to help repair the colon.

I haven't been doing those two things... but I think after day 30, I may start doing this. I guess this means I'll be drinking a lot more water! Hehhe :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now back to Juice feasting! Would you believe, I cracked a mason jar today? I was sooo mad because it had yummy pineapple/blackberry juice in it! I had set it down gently onto the fridge and a circular hole formed at the bottom of the jar and juice started spilling everywhere! It made a big mess in the office lunchroom. I cleaned it all up as much as I could and then I called the building cleaners to take care of the stuff I couldn't fix (carpets!).

Embarassing! Also, I got chards of glass in my hand... urgh! All good now!

Today I had:

1.25L water+msm+lemon
1.25L celery/collard greens/cilantro+kelp+spirulina+bee pollen
1L young coconut water+a wee bit of pineapple/blackberry juice
1L carrot/orange

I was short today...but I blame the mason jar incident! hahaha! oh well! I also forgot to take my hempseed oil and coconut oil! Eep! I became a bit narcoleptic ... so ... sorry :)

That's it for now :)

- Ben

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This kind of weather was predicted by scientist, Mojib Latif who last year predicted that earth was going to cool off for the next 20-30 years.The cooling would be the result of changes to ocean currents and temperatures in the North Atlantic, a feature known as the North Atlantic Oscillation (NAO) and the NAO may be partly the cause of warming during the past 30 years.

predict science

prdictions

who is edgar casey

cayce edga

are edgar cayce

what is the environment

environment topics

environment

seminar topics

water pollution

topics on the environment

topics for environment