Thursday, January 17, 2008

Day 4 - Essential Oils Massage


Finally! I'm so happy today is my last kiosk this month. I can finally get back to doing my usual 9 to 5 job. I brought my rollie/icepack combo again and it worked marvelously! All my mason jars of juice stayed icy cold! :)

Today I had:

1L Water+MSM+lemon
1L Celery/Collard Greens/Cilantro
1L Mystery melon juice
500ml chamomile tea
1L Beet/Romaine/Sweet potato/cucumber+hemp seed oil
500ml Carrot/Apple/Pear+ Spirulina+kelp
750ml water
25oml Coconut water
1 tbsp bee pollen
1/2 tbsp coconut oil

After drinking the beet juice, I realized that from now on... I want to stick to 1 or 2 ingredients in my juices...3 max. The sweet potato in the juice was a bad idea... made the juice incredibly thick. I felt a bit nauseated. No more of those for me! Therefore, this weekend I'll go back to Canadian Tire and pick up more mason jars.. but 500ml ones... I figure my body would rather drink more varieties of individual juices. I'm sure I'll manage to break the 1 gallon mark by doing this.

I'm already out of organic apples! I'll have to stop by the store tomorrow... I think I may be able to keep this at 150$/week... which is 30$ more than what I normally spend on

Detox symptoms? I'm feeling a wee bit chilly still but it's normal for body temperature to lower when you're raw anyway so I'm not too worried about it. Plus it is winter here!

I finally took the time to get my juicefeasting.com membership! Wow! So much reading material! :)

- - - - - - -

I had a 2hr essential oils massage tonight: the perfect ending to a hectic week. My RMT used a variety of pure, undiluted essential oils. I was a bit worried at first, having read that essential oils shouldn't come into direct contact with skin. Apparently that is an American thing; a way to guard against lawsuits. As long as essential oils have basic cooling effects, they are safe to use as part of a massage. I asked my RMT to use oils that would enhance the detox process.

Some of the oils used were:
- Mexican lime
- Bay leaf
- Black Cumin
- Frankincense
- Myrrh
- lots more!

Needless to say, I feel quite content right now. I also smell like I fell in a pot of herbs! My RMT suggested I take an Epsom salt bath tomorrow... it'll have to wait until Saturday... but that's a really good idea!

That's it for now! :)

- Ben

PS: Having the weirdest spontaneous cravings for muffins! I'm so not into muffins usually... weird! Gotta get those out of my head!

No comments: