Thursday, January 31, 2008

Day 18 - I *heart* my spine


Today was a good day! The cravings weren't so bad today. I don't really think I had any, actually. I kept drinking juice, and lots of it... and it helped! :)

I got some great advice from David and Katrina Rainoshek on cravings. From now on, I'll try to remember that cravings are fleeting and I shouldn't worry about them too much. I've honestly felt a bit depressed lately, but that's finally lifting. I think, if the "going back 120 days for each day of juice feasting" theory is true, then I'm about 19-20 right now... and that was a rough time for me. Maybe there are some repressed emotions that my body is reliving....

In any case, today was a great day! I drank TONS of juice. I also did an enema with the burdock root tea.... I wasn't able to hold it for very long; it made me release a lot of stuff. I can't believe it's 18 days and I'm still having solid BMs.

Today I had:

1.25L water+msm+lemon (up to 1tbsp of msm)
1.25L celery/red chard/parlsey+kelp+spirulina+msm
1L apple/red cabbage (yum!)
1.25L pineapple/pear
1L young coconut water + left over pineapple juice
1L apple/kale
1tbsp coconut oil

5.5L of juice!!!! Can you believe it!!?!?!! I sure can't! :) I'm so proud of myself. Now if only I could remember to take my hemp oil. I just find it so thick... I might just take it on its own instead of adding it to the juices.

Also! Today I went to the chiropractor for my regular adjustment. I get adjusted every 2 weeks. I used to go a lot more often, but most of my subluxations have been fixed. When I first went to the Chiropractor, I was subluxated in 51 out of 56 possible subluxations. Now, 51 has turned into 7. My chiro asked me how the juice feast was going and I told her it was going pretty well. She was amazed at the changes in my skin and mentioned how radiant my face is and how I'm glowing. :) I noticed that myself, this morning. I am starting to get 'the glow'. :)

Edgar Cayce reported that people with psoriasis usually have subluxations in the specific areas which "upset the coordination of circulation through the kidneys and the liver". I'm happy that my spine is doing a lot better than it was. Not only am I in less pain, I know that my brain is communicating effectively (as the messages pass through my spine) to all parts of my body. This is greatly enhancing my quest for smooth, healthy skin. :)

That's all for today :)

- Ben

PS: Katrina gave me some homework so I'm going to go read the "Positive Diversions" file (Day 5) on juicefeasting.com :) Should help me with the cravings. :)

2 comments:

Hanlie said...

Hi Ben, well done on still going strong! I'm starting today and I'm sooo ready!

Interesting that you should mention your back. I read a number of years ago that colon congestion can cause back problems. So, your feast will probably improve your back!

David Gilbert said...

Hi, Ben Just poppin in to see how you are doing. Sounds like you are doing perfectly. Great Job and Great Blog too.. I am on day 58 already and my Hippie is putting in 92 days starting on Monday.. YAY

Edgar Cayce always had some interesting things to say. He knew so much.

Raw Love
Melissa