Sunday, January 27, 2008

Day 13 - Transformations


It's day 13 and there is no bad luck in sight! I was born on a Friday the 13th so I've always been fond of the number 13. The only bad luck today was that I fell asleep while watching TV and consequently only got 3L of juice in. Booo!

Today I had:

1L water+msm+lemon
1L celery/watercress/green chard/cilantro
1L Pineapple/blackberry (I can't get enough of this one!)
600ml clementines juice (too much work! lol)
400ml carrot/beet juice

So... still no stomach pains! I'm very happy about this, considering how I had beet juice today. Tomorrow I'm going to have a coffee enema to help the liver's detoxing. I'm excited about this; I know it sounds silly. I've only ever done water enemas. I also bought organic burdock tea for future enemas.

Transformations

The blog has a new look!!! It's only befitting because I am also feeling some pretty neat transformations. I hope you like the new look. It was inspired by my other blog: a decadent conspiracy. That blog used to be my "Vegan cooking" blog. I'm not doing much of that right now though, as you can imagine.

But back to me, I am feeling some transformations lately. I feel like juice feasting is my form of pupation. The following transformations have occurred:

Sense of smell: You wouldn't believe how intense my sense of smell is right now! Has anyone else gone through this? I could actually smell the roast beef from the apartment next door yesterday... from my own apartment! How is this even possible? I also smelled a chemical smell yesterday when I opened a package of paper towels! Insane!
Skin on my face: My face is looking radiant! No more puberty! I can't explain it... it just has a glow. The psoriasis on my forehead is only a faint memory; the skin there has only a wee bit farther to go... but right now, the redness is all gone. It just has tiny specs of skin build up.

Psoriasis: I honestly am gobsmacked. I never imagined I would see improvement this fast. There are spots on my arms that have completely healed; the skin is completely normal except for a deeper coloration that outlines where the psoriasis spots used to be. Inside the outline, the coloration is a bit more pink. It looks a bit 'cheetah-like', but there is no scaling, flaking, cracking or bleeding. My chest is healing differently. It is healing more evenly; the whole area is turning a very light pink; very different from the angry reddish coloration normally associated with psoriasis. There is no more cracking, scaling...and very minimal flaking. Some areas are healing nicely and I can see new skin forming. My legs are healing much in the same way...except for my right leg:

The right leg has been a guinea pig for my own little 'psoriasis formula'. It is healing so nicely; no dark outlines, no flaking, scaling or cracking. It's nice, smooth skin with no dark outlines. The new skin is very light pink... but smooth to the touch. :) What did I do? I applied a mix of coconut oil + msm. I've done done two applications and the change is dramatic! I'm going to keep using this leg as a 'test' for a little longer before I decide to use this formula on the rest of my body. But so far, this is very promising! :)

I think I may take pictures tomorrow to document the healing progression. I originally had not intended to do that. I'm sure you can imagine, if you had a disfiguring dis-ease, you wouldn't want to be taking pictures of it all the time... but I honestly want to help other people if I manage to heal myself of psoriasis. It's a horrible disease that has affected my self esteem and quality of life for a long time... I honestly hope that juice feasting will rid me of this disease and this daily account of my experiences will make it easier for others to do the same.

I honestly hope things keep progressing the way they are. Fingers crossed!

- Ben

3 comments:

Hanlie said...

Hi Ben, I've just recently stumbled upon this juice feast and only found your blog today. I am thinking of starting the feast myself as of 1 Feb. I will go raw for the remainder of January in preparation. It's interesting that you mention your skin, since I also have a very irritating condition on my hands, like a kind of eczema. When my diet is perfect, it goes away. This juice feast is just what I need to heal that condition and set me on the road to a healthy, whole, mostly raw diet again.

Good luck with your journey! I will be following it!

David and Katrina Rainoshek said...

Hi Ben!

We are so excited to see that your skin is healing so beautifully! You will be such an inspiration to SO many!

BTW, apples ARE one of MY absolute favorite things too, but we do find that many folks get tummy pains from them if they drink too much apple juice....I (Katrina who has even been nick-named Apples) even find that too much apple juice gives me a twisted stomach.

Keep up the JUICE!

Katrina and David

Ben Kaelan said...

Hey Hanlie: Thanks for stopping by! I am amazed by how quickly juice feasting is helping my skin. It's important to remember that you have to heal from the inside out though.

A word of advice: if you have a skin condition such as eczema or psoriasis, it's important to avoid nightshade vegetables. Those are: tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, paprika... I notice a lot of people juice peppers on the juice feast; that should be avoided in our case. Also, I'm avoiding "master cleanser" because cayenne is also part of the nightshade family.

David and Katrina: You have no idea how grateful I am to you both. I can't wait to get to day 92 and show everyone what juice feasting can do! :)

I'll be more careful with the apple juice; even if it is really yummy, cheap and juicy! hehehe :) Luckily, I haven't been getting any stomach pains recently... :) *knocks on wood*

Thanks again for all your help :)