Monday, January 28, 2008

Day 15 - Hic !



Yes! Hiccups! I don't know why... but I've had them for most of the day. Off and on, of course. It started last night and continued throughout the day today. Could this be a detox symptom or is it just a fluke? Oh well! :)

I had MASSIVE amounts of juice today! I also discovered that my mason jars, if filled to the rim, hold 1.25L... not 1L! So this means I've been consuming more juice than I thought, this entire time! I won't amend my previous stats... but I feel good knowing that the days where I only got 3L, I actually was getting at least 3.5L.

I also want to mention how I had a f$#%ing kiosk to do this morning, which meant I had to be at work for 7am. Despite not getting a lot of sleep (I don't know why, I stayed up late watching TV LOL), I got up at 4am and made my juices, skin brushed, contrast showered, got pretty and ran out the door. On my way to work I realized... that in my pre-JF days, I would have been utterly knackered; zombie-like, groggy, bitchy and ready to stab anyone that stood between me and a venti soy latte........ This is how much energy you have while juice feasting! It's unreal! And I just thought I wasn't a morning person!

Today I had:

1L water+msm+lemon
1.25L celery/red chard/cilantro+kelp+hemp seed oil
1.25L Cantaloupe
500ml Apple/Orange/Strawberry (BoosterJuice)
60ml Wheatgrass (BoosterJuice)
750ml Carrot/Orange (yuuuum!)
750ml Pear

Total! 4.56L!!!! I'm so happy to have finally broken the 4L mark. I think back to Angela Stokes' blog and how she used to drink 5 or 6L in one day and I feel silly that I can't manage to do the same. Though, I guess, I do have to take into account that I am working 60 hours/week while juice feasting...

I wanted to ask other juice feasters about their juice-drinking habits. When it comes time to drink your juices, do you drink a juice in one sitting or do you find that it takes a while to get through 1L of juice? I personally find that I alternate.... the yummy juices will go down easy... but the morning green juice and the coconut juices might take me an hour to drink down. Don't worry; I am chewing all my juices... despite how much my coworkers think that's weird!

PS: I just wanted to say how much I LOVE all the comments I've been getting on my blog. It's fun to know that people are actually reading this :) I appreciate the comments, feedback, suggestions and little hellos from other juice feasters! I feel the love! :)

Can you believe I'm 1/6th of the way there? I sure can't! :)

2 comments:

B said...

Taming the hiccups:

Peppermint tea. This has worked for me successfully several times on the rare occasions I have gotten the hiccups--it works instantly. Carrie says in chinese medicine, hiccups are diagnosed as "rebellious stomach chi." Love that description as it so fits the bill.

I also got the hiccups one night in the first couple weeks of my feast. Funny, right?

x Raw B

Ben Kaelan said...

That's so cute! Rebellious stomach chi! :) Thanks for the peppermint tea advice :) I'll try that next time!