Saturday, April 5, 2008

Day 83 - Shop 'til you drop!

I freakin' love Barbara Kruger!

Day 83 started like the average Saturday except... I was a man on a mission. I finished work at 8am and took the bus home. I slept from 9:00 to 11:00 and got up to make some juice. I packed those two juices in my backpack and biked all the way 'across the border' (the Quebec border, that is) to go get a haircut. I've had the same hairdresser since I was 15... I like to joke that most people are more loyal to their hairdressers than their spouses lol! Mine is amazing; we speak the same language. I have impeccable trust in her. Sometimes I just let her decide what to do; colour, cut, everything. Today I knew exactly what I wanted... and I forwent getting colour done. I figured, I've done so much detoxing... why add more toxins back in? Luckily, most of the highlights I had from December are still showing with this new cut.

After the cut, I went to the bookstore to get a 270$ gift card so I could buy a plethora of cookbooks online... more on that in a bit.

I also realized I had forgotten to set the kiosk and materials aside for my delivery guy to pick up on Sunday night so I had to bike to work to do that. I totally didn't care that I was "at work" on Saturday (meh, it took 15 minutes). It was SO nice outside and biking around the city was bliss!

I finally biked to Rogers to pay my cell phone bill (which was way overdue! oops!) and biked home. Total: 20KM (12.5 miles) ! The worst part was.... I was running on 2Tbsp of bee pollen for most of that. I only had my green juice after hitting the bookstore. Juicy power baby!!! :)

Today I had:

1.25ml water+msm+lemon
1.25L celery/spinach/dandelion/cilantro
1.75L pineapple/blood orange/acai
1.25L grapefruit/blood orange/acai
1.5L apple/kiwi
4Tbsp bee pollen+agave (eep! ... though I'm sure my body needed that after biking so much)

Today I also did:

Skin brushing
25.5 Km (16 miles) bike ride (added in the 11:30PM bike ride to the hotel)
Got some sun!! :)

Sleep: 09:00-11:00 | 18:30 - 21:00
TV rule: cheated; watched TIVO'd "The Matrix"

Oh so in case you're wondering.... here's what my shopping spree included:

Books:

- Detox your world - Shazzie
- Detox delights - Shazzie
- Living on live foods - Alyssa Cohen
- Conscious Eating: Second Edition - Gabriel Cousens
- Rainbow Green Live-Food Cuisine - Gabriel Cousens, Tree Of Life Cafe Chefs
- I Am Grateful: Recipes And Lifestyle Of Cafe Gratitude - Terces Engelhart, Orchid
- 12 Steps to Raw Foods: How to End Your Dependency on Cooked Food - Gabriel Cousens, Victoria Boutenko
- Raw Food Made Easy: For 1 or 2 People - Jennifer Cornbleet
- Raw - Charlie Trotter
- Living Cuisine - Renee Underkoffler
- Ani's Raw Food Kitchen: Easy, Delectable Living Foods Recipies - Ani Phyo
- Raw - Juliano
- The Raw Gourmet - Nomi Shannon

Ebooks :

Easy Entrees - Kristen Suzanne http://www.kristensraw.com/
Desserts - Kristen Suzanne http://www.kristensraw.com/
Raw 'n Delish - http://www.rawndelish.us/

DVD:

Crazy Sexy Cancer - Kris Karr

Misc:

Perfect Pickler - Whooo hooo!! Sauerkraut!! :)

..... I think it's time for an intervention... no? :P

- Ben

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh niiiiice! What a great gift to yourself!
I was given 3 second-hand vegetarian cookbooks today by my well-intentioned cousin. Although vegetarian, there is only a small handful of raw recipes between them! Amazing eh! The best find was a magazine article that was cut out and glued into the front page of one for:
Thai Dressing
4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon seasame seed oil
1 tablespoon soy sauce (do you know a raw alternative??)
1 teaspoon honey
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
1 fresh red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
1 large handful of fresh coriander and basil, chopped.

Isn't it funny tho how the recipe needs to say "fresh" for people to know not to open a jar of preserved ginger or chilli.

Let me know what you think about the soy sauce question. I've always LOVED Thai food and have felt sad at times to think that it would be off the agenda if I were to continue 100% raw.
After reading through these recipe books today I decided I REALLY needed to invest in some raw books ... and then lo'n'behold! Look what you were up to today!

Lisa said...

Oh and me again! Would you also let me know which of your MANY recipe books is the BEST?! Will have to make do until you're published :-D
How long will that be again ;-?