Thursday, April 17, 2008

Day 95 - Fruit! Finally! :)


It’s fruit day! Consequently, this is the first day I’m actually been able to chew really flavorful things. There was no apprehension about the fruit, my friends. I really wanted some tasty yummy fruity goodness. The flavours of the fruits were SO intense... each mouthful was .... almost orgasmic! Here’s a quick overview of what today looked like:

Early morning:
1 Intestinal mouvement cap
1 Cascara Sagrada cap
2 Probiotics caps
260gr soaked prunes
250ml soak water

10AM:
1.25L celery/collar greens/parsley/dandelion

12:30PM:
Half a mango
¾ cup Strawberries
2 kiwis

2PM
1.25L grapefruit/blood orange/acai

4PM
Half a cucumber
1/3 of a pineapple

7PM:
6 or 7 kiwis
1 blood orange
1/3 of a pineapple

Before bed:
1 Intestinal movement cap

Today’s tummy adventures were a bit weirder. The good news is, the ‘plumbing’ is working again. Things are moving down there again. I got REALLY bloated yesterday though. It was not pleasant at all! But yea… all better now.

After work, I went to do ultra-super-duper-mega groceries. I spent roughly 350$ yesterday. Don’t faint or anything… most of that was raw staples; cold pressed oils, raw vinegars, raw nut butters, raw olives, raw nuts etc etc. I got tons of fun stuff to make salads! I especially wanted some SPROUTS. I also got some sauerkraut… can’t wait to have some of that. I think I should be allowed to have this during salad days.

When I got home and ate all those kiwis and pineapple, I managed to ‘burn’ my tongue really badly. You know when you eat too much acid fruit? I think it may have been the bromelain in the pineapple that dissolved my tongue! LOL. I guess that was too much pineapple and kiwis at once.

Bad Mamajama asked me what I use as probiotics. I use the 8 strain Adult blend by Udo’s choice. I find it in the refrigerated section of health food stores. It’s much more expensive than other probiotics but it’s also much better. I highly recommend it! Probiotic powders should only really be used for making yogurts. For therapeutic doses, use probiotics in capsules. Always go for probiotics capsules that are refrigerated for maximum benefit.

That’s all for today (finding it really hard right now not to bust open a bag of dulse and eat the whole thing!... temptation is in my cupboards again… oh my!)

- Ben

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh what a lovely rainbow assortment of goodies you ate today X

Carrie Cegelis said...

yum yum yum yum YUM!
truly an impressive, fruity, juicy day. were you just in heaven shopping for real live food to EAT??? i remember the first post-feast shop - it was such a delight - i felt like a kid in a candy store...
can't wait to hear what you concoct in that kitchen of yours!
xx

Hanlie said...

I feel like the proverbial poor child out in the snow with her nose pressed against the window, looking in at the happy, warm family around the Christmas tree! Ok, maybe that's a bit dramatic, but those fruits sound great!