Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Day 79 - What a day!

I woke up today and felt really intensely depressed for no reason. I hated my life, I hated my job... I honestly would have taken a personal day and wallowed in self-pity but I had a kiosk to host today at work.

Things got better when I got to work and had some juice. I ended up taking the bus home and once I got home I decided I should go to the health food store and pick up a few things. Seeing as it was such a nice day and the roads were looking safe again, I decided it was time to bring out the bike. It was SUCH a windy day though and I quickly realized... after not having biked all winter... that I was really out of shape! My legs were killing me!

I bought tons of veggies and fruits and even some frozen unpasteurized acai berry pulp. Sweet! While at the cash, I was memorized by these raw truffles made by a local company. The girl at the cash said "they're really good!" to which I replied "oh I'm sure they are... it's just... I'm fasting right now.".... there was a moment of silence and I totally didn't realize it but... the cashier was totally confused at the comment "I'm fasting" contrasted with the 75$ worth of produce I just bought! LOL hahahahahahah. I guess that would be like having a client say "I'm vegan" while buying 10lbs of steak, eh? :)

Today I had:

1.25L water+lemon+msm
1.25L celery/collard greens/parsley+E3live+Hsalt+kelp
3L watermelon juice
1.5L kiwi/apple
1.5L blood orange/red globe grape/strawberry/acai
2 Tbsp bee pollen
10 Parasite pills

Today I also did:

Skin brushing
Acupeds
Zapper
7.5km bike ride (4.5 miles)

TV... Well I wathed "The Birds" by Hitchcock... it was commercial-free! :)
Sleep: 12:00 to 6:00... eep! :)

... I'm SO biking to work tomorrow! :) So tired of the bus! :)

- Ben

5 comments:

Penni said...

Haahhhhaaaahah! I bet that cashier thought you were a piece of work! I love it! Look how close you are getting to the end of your feast, Ben. WOW! I can't wait to eat vicariously through you once you are back on whole foods. I know you'll have some really good stuff for all of us, won't you?

xoxo....Penni

Michelle said...

Oh that is funny. I couldn't help but laugh. Thanks for that.

So glad you love the Enneagram. I just think it is sooooo coooool how right on it is. It is the same way I felt when I first found astrology (real astrology). So dead on it's freaky!

Dude! You only have 13 days left!!! That is crazy! I've been hanging around my teenagers too much. :o)

xo

Lisa said...

Ah yeah, a JFing retreat - even a week would be great... right now my dream job would be working on an organic orange orchard. I'd take my juicer with me every day :-D

Perfect that you're back biking - your health will just keep on improving. Do you bike through snow or has it melted already? having never lived in a snowy environment before, it fascinates me.

Have you only got 2 weeks to go?! Bloody HELL! hehe! Are you going to keep blogging???

RAW FOOD R&R: Rations & Rational said...

Hey Mister Day 80! Can you believe it? How many times did you wanna quit? My teeth feel so friggin gross I wanna quit 5 times a day, blahlahlaha. I need time to brush!
So, your "treat", for lack of a better word, is in the post. MAYBE you can make use of it. But you are so damn resourceful it might be moot.
Hey, whadya ever do about that hair color quandry?
As for your Q, I am going on a Bahaman cruise with my boss and a ship full of celebrity journalists. I will juice feast SOMEHOW...I am awaiting the kitchen's response to my request of 100 lbs of organic burdock root and daikon etc. per day plus Cocopura coconut and Manitoba Hemp oil...I'm praying that they will have a Norwalk abord and juice for me. Ahh, fantasies :-)

Unknown said...

Hey Ben, I am prone to depression too. I have become very adept at neutralizing it. Exercise is one of the best things for it. Hot showers are good too, way better than something like prozac. I know you will feel better when you cut back your at work time. You need more Ben time. I love thinking of you biking around in the wind with a load full of produce....awesome :)