Monday, April 14, 2008

Day 92 - Last juicy day

"Life is flowing. It is a river, a constant flux.

People think of themselves as static. Only things are static, only death is unchanging ~ life is constantly changing. More life ~ and more change. Abundant life ~ and there is tremendous change each moment."

Osho

Well that sums it up. I got this in my inbox this morning and I think it was incredibly appropriate given the momentous day that is today. Not much to report, honestly. I had an aversion to green juice, still, today so I started off the day with watermelon juice and had green juice later in the afternoon. At least I got some green juice, right? I biked over to the health food store to pick up some probiotics and a few more juicy ingredients to keep me going this week. I think I might be going shopping for groceries everyday this week because of how daunting this whole feast breaking thing is. I really need to sit down today and plan out what I'm going to be eating over the next week. This seems so anal retentive for someone who likes to be spontaneous in the kitchen. Sigh. :)

Oh! Actually I do have one weird thing to report. While at work, after drinking some watermelon juice... I got some really intense stabbing pains in my stomach, much like the ones I had on days 2-3-4. I have no idea how or why this happened because I haven't had these pains since then. I wasn't too concerned though. I was kind of humbled by the pain because I took it as a sign that my body had come 'full circle' and was ready for the next phase. The pains passed after 15 minutes which was nice! :)

I got home and had TONS of energy. I found myself doing a lot of cleaning. I felt really motivated. I think it's because I felt so rested from having a weekend off. I remember hearing someone say that motivation is like a gas tank and the more you work yourself hard, the less you have any motivation for other things... and that people who are well rested and take more time for themselves can gradually rebuild their motivation 'tank' and feel more motivated to accomplish the things that are important to them. It's interesting how I could have the perseverance to only drink juice for 92 days, get up at 5AM to make juice every morning
and work two jobs throughout this experience... but yet I have no motivation to take out the trash when I get home. LOL. I'm just hoping that I'll have MORE free time now that I'm not juice feasting. I'd like to continue getting up early but do half an hour of yoga instead of 2 hours of juicing.

After that cleaning-spree I pretty much vegged for the rest of the night. I ended up passing out on the couch and waking up around midnight. That hasn't happened to me in ages. This is something that used to happen ALL the time pre-juice feast. My friends and I
used to joke that I was narcoleptic. I would sleep on the couch at LEAST 50% of the time. Juice feasting really seems to have cured much of the fatigue I was experiencing, but more importantly... it seems to have helped with this weird narcolepsy I was experiencing. When I feel sleepy now, I just go to bed.

Anyway. Today (on this momentous day) I had:

3.25L watermelon juice
1.5L pineapple/blood orange
1.25L celery/black kale/cilantro/parsley+E3live+kelp+Hsalt
2L grapefruit/blood orange/acai

8 litres on this last juicy day! :)

Today I did:

Skin brushing
Zapper (someone asked me where I got this.... I got it at: www.worldwithoutparasites.com
8KM bike ride (5 miles)

Well that's all :) Prunes are soaking as we speak! :)

I'm making a wee video tomorrow so if anyone has any questions you'd like to hear me answer on video, now is the time :)

Oops! I almost forgot to mention. I had an TREMENDOUS amount of encouraging and poignant comments from A LOT of people yesterday on blogger, facebook, msn, etc. I've had comments from people who have been reading this blog all along who have never commented before (thanks for finally saying hello!), people with whom I've had the pleasure of sharing this juicy journey (love you guys!) and some of my real life friends that I was worried just wouldn't 'get it'. Who can blame them right? It does sound a bit crazy at first. Even my coworkers were happy about it!! It's kinda funny too because they were really concerned when I first started this.

Anyway... all that to say, I really appreciate all the comments from all my readers and I plan to keep on blogging so I hope you keep on reading! :) It was really heartwarming to get all these comments yesterday and I thank each and every one of you. :)

- Ben

4 comments:

Carrie Cegelis said...

beautiful job, juicy ben!
such grace, humility, honesty, and spankin' good times on your blog this whole time! you are a juice master...congrats on a totally awesome juice feast!

looking very much forward to hearing about your post-feast adventures, and perhaps seeing you next month!

way to go!!!

MiandO said...

Oh my gosh, I think at this point you are going for the prunes, yikes!! So amazing you are, my friend. Just take things one day at a time and enjoy the "in between" as much as you can. It's like getting on a bike for the first time in a long time-- you will be ll over the road for a little bit and then things start to get smoother and even out.
Wishing you the best best best, always!
xxkyle

Neeta said...

dearest ben, bravo bravo bravo - you've done it and with such grace, courage, humor, honesty.....and you've opened your heart and spirit, again and again on this incredible journey, reaching out to touch us and fill our hearts with tenderness too, thanks a million.....
with love from bright and sunny regions,
xxx neeta

B said...

Super Ben,

I am soo impressed with your steadfast persistence throughout your feast. Never once did you waver in the great 92 day shoes. And now you get to reap the benefits which will continue to unfold for you.

Go you!

xx raw b