Thursday, April 10, 2008

Day 88 - Nut mylk bag suicide

Well, this morning was interesting. My nut mylk bags decided to commit collective suicide. One of them literally ripped in half (well not literally… but … ripped in quarter isn’t really common parlance). The other one has a giant hole in it. I’ve been double bagging for a while… but there’s no way I could go on with this. I really was hoping I could make it to the end of juice feasting without buying some more nut mylk bags.

Luckily today was mega-groceries day which means my dad drives my non-driver’s-license-carrying-ass around town to get groceries. We made a pit stop so I could go pick up some nut mylk bags at SimplyRaw. Phew! Crisis obverted!

Oh! I also bought PRUNES today. PRUNES! It felt so weird buying them, after all this time. I mean, I used to go to the grocery store and just stare at them. Now I finally get to buy them. Yipee. I also bought some wasabi powder (some natural stuff with no artificial colorants etc). I can’t wait to have some good raw sushi and I definitely needed to invest in some healthy wasabi.

I still have a few things on my shopping list. Essentially, what I bought today was enough to carry me until Wednesday (Prune II day). I plan to go back to the health food store and buy more ‘watery veggies and fruits’ for “fruit I and II day” and stuff for “salad I and II days” later on next week. I definitely need to go buy some probiotics for when I start eating again. I was re-reading feast-breaking in Angela’s ebook and apparently I need to get some stuff to strengthen my colon? Fuck… I thought I was done buying supplements. Sigh. I guess I’ll go look for some Triphala or something on Monday when I go buy some probiotics.

Today I had:
1.25ml water+msm+lemon
1.25L celery/spinach/apple+E3live+maca+kelp+Hsalt (NASTY SHIT!)
3.5L watermelon juice
1.75L pineapple/blackberry/blood orange
1.75L red globe grape/blood orange/strawberry/acai
2Tbsp Bee pollen
Enzymes

Today I also did:

Skin brushing
6.5KM biking (4 miles)

Well that’s all for today! :)

- Ben

7 comments:

Hanlie said...

I see you're having a lot of fruit juices now... I'm also a bit over the green stuff.

Not long now...

Lisa said...

Prunes! Amazing! I'm getting so excited for you. Looking forward to hearing what u put in that raw sushi too :-D Yeeeeeeuuuuuuuuummmmmmm!

Lisa (Pixywinks) said...

What will you use for rice in your sushi. My cellmate at work had sushi for lunch today and I'm totally wanting some. Ummmm. 32 more days plus feast breaking...
Pixy Lisa

Lisa (Pixywinks) said...

I'll have to get RFRW again. I sent my copy to my nephew. Well, technically it was his copy, but anyhow, I need to get that book again. It's the BEST!!! Have you gotten Matt Amsden's book, Rawvolution? I think his recipes are pretty easy and awesome, just too salty for my taste. If I cut the salt down, then woo-hoo. The onion bread is 2die4. Especially smelling it in the dehydrator. The tacos are a favorite too.
Have fun eating in a few days. I wanna eat too!!! I'm hungry!
XO
Pixy Lisa

loulou said...

PRUUUUUNES!!! earlier you posted that Penni was looking forward to eating vicariously through you, but I want to know all about the prune days :) you continue to make me smile. Thanks Ben :D

to Lisa: you don't need sushi rice; plenty of finely chopped veggies make great sushi. But if you're after rice, I have heard of using parsnips. Wash, peel, trim parsnip. Cut into chunks. Process until itty bitty rice-sized pieces. Toss with mirin & soy sauce (or tamari/nama shoyu - whatever you choice) and there you go. RFRW is teh awesome!

David and Katrina Rainoshek said...

Wow!! Can't believe that prunes are on the menu so soon for you!!!

Remember to soak them, but not for more than 3-4 hours unless you want prune goo mush mush.

Can't wait to hear all about the prune moment! Have fun reading all your new books and drooling over what wonders are to come...like the "I am Beautiful" from Cafe Gratitude, one of our all time orange creamsicle favorites!!

Love ya!

Katrina

David and Katrina Rainoshek said...

Erp, can I revoke that last comment and replace it with "yes, you can soak your prunes over night, but make sure they are not submerged in water otherwise they will be mush mush. You can soak them in a very thin layer of water, that does not cover the prunes, all night!!

Love again,

Katrina