Sunday, April 20, 2008

Day 98 - Last day of feast-breaking


Well... That's it! I guess juice feasting is really over. What a great journey this has been! :)

Today was another fun-filled salad day. I kept things relatively simple again today. In fact, I opted for the same salads I had yesterday (more or less) since ... they just were so good. I had SO much energy today. It really was just amazing. Not only was I filled with energy but I was also MOTIVATED as hell to get things going in my apartment.

I emptied out all the nice ikea jars that were filled with non raw ingredients (couscous, lentils, flour, sugar, split peas, sushi rice, etc) and I put all of these into ziplock bags which will be donated shortly. I washed them all out and proceeded to start putting all my raw staples into them (nuts, dried fruits, etc). I'm going to need a few more jars :) My kitchen is starting to look more and more raw. I also took my microwave outside yesterday and put a sign on it that said "I still work - take me home". I'm happy to report, when I left for work this morning, my microwave had a new home.

I had a lot of fun reorganizing my kitchen. I guess it's that spring cleaning spirit eh?

Today I had:

8:00am
1.25L water+msm+lime
1 cascara sagrada cap

10:00am
1/2 a small watermelon
1 Intestinal movement cap

1:00pm
1 salad (baby spinach, avocado, alfalfa sprouts, sauerkraut, lime)
sun dried olives (so tasty and herby!!)
enzymes

4:00pm
flax crackers

5:00pm
1L water

7:00pm
Nori rolls (sprouts, baby spinach, avocado, carrot, cucumber, sauerkraut, mung bean sprouts, nama shoyu)
2 small chocolate macaroons
2 apples

10:00pm
1.5L grape/strawberry/orange

- - - - -

It's a bit weird to feel hungry and know that you can actually do something about it. :) Anyway... this journey is over and a new one is about to begin. This will be my last post on this blog (until perhaps there comes a time when I decide to juice feast again). In the meantime, you can continue to follow my healthy adventures at "A healthy conspiracy". I still need to work on making a graphic for that blog but it will come soon enough. Bear with me. :)

The reason why I'm 'moving' is to make this blog a resource that is more easily navigable should anyone wish to look at what I've done while juice feasting. I think that juice feasting was one novel... and "Phase II" as I like to call it is a sequel to this. Therefore, each should be its own 'book'. :)

There will be a really GREAT post on "A healthy conspiracy" tomorrow. I'm too pooped to do it now. :)

Hugs!

- Ben

PS: Thanks to everyone, once again, that has supported me on this journey, sent me love, advice and praise. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart. I truly feel honored to have such great friends on this road to health. :)

8 comments:

MiandO said...

It has been such a treat to follow your epic feast Ben! I am so looking forward to the next sequel...oh, how fun!! I feel like the harry potter fans waiting for the next book to come out! ;)
Onward to a healthy conspiracy my friend!
Your #1 fan,
kyle

Lisa (Pixywinks) said...

No Kyle, I'm his #1 fan!!!!! Thanks for all the laughs and fun helping us all through this juicy journey. I can't wait to read Phase II.
XO
Pixy Lisa

Lisa said...

Waaaaa...! Oh I'm going to miss your daily juice feasting post soooo much! But thank goodness you're still writing :-D
A zillion congratulations to you on completing your JF. I'm so pleased to hear that you have lots of energy going back to food. You must feel AMAZING... ILLUMINATING... ON TOP OF THE WORLD!
Well, sayonara for now dear Ben.
I'll see you on your new site. What fun!
Much love
Lisa xxx
Thank you for including me in your "thankyous"

Anonymous said...

thanks for always answering my questions ben and i can't wait for you new blog! you are greeeeeeeeeat!!

Bad mamajama said...

I'm going to miss you here on your blog.
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful journey.
You have inspired me truly.

xoxo

loulou said...

hey crazy, awesome ben,

it's been fabulous following your juicy progress and i'm sad you're leaving... and so happy you're starting a new blog. hurray!

so this is not goodbye, just a bookmark change ;)

lots of love,

loulou xxx

Kristen's Raw said...

Congratulations AGAIN! That is such an amazing journey you took your mind, spirit and body on. Cheers :)

Myles said...

hi there,

just came across your blog. i was just wondering, how much did the juice fast help w/ your psoriasis? i didn't find pictures.


thanks and i love the blog!

-myles