Saturday, April 19, 2008

Day 97 - Orgasmic salad!



How freakin' wonderful it was to have a salad after all this time. I think I could honestly eat salad for the rest of my life and be completely content. I had the most orgasmic first salad ever... and it was QUITE basic. I wanted to keep things simple but healing at the same time. I used to drench my salads in dressing... I didn't want that at this stage anyway (I make a mean tahini-garlic dressing by the way!). A squeeze of lime was all this salad needed! :)

I also popped open a jar of raw unpasteurized sauerkraut yesterday and couldn't get enough of it. As I've mentioned before, I've been craving sauerkraut like mad but I've only ever had it once in my life at a raw food festival. This sauerkraut tastes nothing like the festival kind. It tasted like... dill-pickle Lays potato chips.... as crazy as that sounds. YUM!!

Halfway through the day, I realized I REALLY was craving juice like mad. I had no fruits left in the fridge so I hopped on the bike and went to the grocery store. I biked home with 40lbs of groceries in my backpack. Thank the Universe for that HUGE backpack I won at work a few years back! :P

The night ended with some tasty nori rolls. It was so much fun to make these. I think I made WAY too much though but I ate the whole thing anyway. :)

Today I had:

8:00AM Water+msm+lemon
1 Cascara Sagrada cap

10:00AM Half a watermelon (small)
1 Intestinal movement cap

1:00PM Orgasmic Salad: Avocado, Sauerkraut, broccoli sprouts, Alfalfa sprouts, baby spinach, arugula, sun dried olives, lime.

3:00PM Dates

7:00PM 1 Litre water

8:00PM 4 Nori Rolls with Carrots, Cucumbers, broccoli sprouts, Alfalfa sprouts, baby spinach, red onions. ( I was tempted to pop open the nama shoyu but I ate them as is)

9:00PM Pineapple/orange/blackberry juice (I was about to strain this through a nut milk bag because the samson juicer leaves little bits in the juice and then I realized... I don't have to do that anymore! YAY!)

11:00PM 2 small apples
2 Enzymes caps

(forgot to take probiotics today but given all the sauerkraut I ate, I don't think that's a problem!)

I'm DEFINITELY having another orgasmic salad tomorrow! :) You have no idea how intense the flavours were. The avocado felt sooo smooth and tasty. I don't think I've ever had a better-tasting avocado in my life! The sun-dried olives were DELICIOUS... I could taste each single herb. My sense of taste has been so incredibly heightened.

I think I have a surprise in store for you tomorrow... stay tuned ! :)

- Ben

PS: Ramona: you asked if I had bought a whole new wardrobe given the 30lbs I've lost. I haven't yet. I'm relying on belts to keep my pants up and I have a few pair of pants that I bought when I was skinner (I dropped to 145lbs when I was on the Pagano diet 2 years ago but quickly gained it back) that I'm wearing more often than others. I DESPERATELY want to go buy new clothes (and I have a 120$ gift certificate for RW&co sitting on my dresser) but I want to see how my weight evens out over the next month as I reintroduce solids. I'm expecting to gain back some weight...whether that's 5lbs or 10lbs or 15lbs remains to be seen. I honestly don't want to gain more than 5lbs because I REALLY like being 140-145lbs but we'll see if I can maintain this weight on a raw diet. *hugs* :)

5 comments:

Lisa (Pixywinks) said...

OMG! I want one of those salads. Even sauerkraut sounds so good. And the nori rolls... I've been craving sushi like mad.
Pixy Lisa

loulou said...

i totally get your orgasmic salad experience. i remember the first time i did a juice fast. after 30 days i prepared a plate of tomatoes with a squeeze of lemon juice, a drizzle of oil, salt, pepper and some chopped herbs and it was the most amazing thing i've ever eaten. it's so true that flavours are intense, textures you never paid attention to suddenly tantalise your tongue. awesome.
so pleased for you, ben. only 46 days behind you ;)

Michelle said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmm SALAD, AVOCADO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Linda in the Raw said...

I agree with Michelle, yummmmmmmmmm!!! Sounds amazing, I can't wait!!

Hanlie said...

I can't wait either! Sounds delicious!