Thursday, February 21, 2008

Day 39 - Bummed

I’m totally bummed today. It’s just one of those days where you question everything. Total new low for me. Sigh.

There was a catalyst though. I found out that I’m not qualified to do the job I’ve been doing for the last 6 months. I’ve been a marketing officer now for a while and have been doing an amazing job; my manager and director are both impressed with the work I’ve been doing. Technically, I’m doing the job of two people; kiosks was one person’s full time job and the rest of my tasks were another person’s job. I applied to do this job permanently in November and just found out I’ve been cut from the competitive process. Yep, because my frilly art school diploma isn’t a university diploma, I’m basically not qualified to do the job I’ve been doing.

I’m a bit ticked, sad and pissed off. I started sending my resume everywhere out of spite. This isn’t helping me stay very Zen right now. I’m not feeling like coming into work at all. Urgh. The good news is, I still have a job for at least 2 months… but still! Urgh! I basically got home after work yesterday and went straight to bed; I’m exhausted this week to begin with and well…this….this just made me want to crawl into bed and never return to the real world (this isn’t meant to sound suicidal lol… I just like my bed… I could honestly live there forever if it wasn’t for needing to pee every once in a while!) :P

Today I had:

250ml water+slippery elm
1.25L water+msm+lemon
1.25L celery/black kale/parsley+kelp+E3live
1.25L pineapple/blueberry
1L blood orange juice
1L coconut water
1L Granny smith/kale
1Tbsp bee pollen+agave
6 Probiotic caps
6 Full Spectrum enzymes caps

Today I also did:

Skin brushing
Slept for 10 hours straight

That’s all I have to report today.

- Ben

5 comments:

VeganCowGirl said...

Hey Ben,
Just stumbled on your blog. Your juice feast sounds great - even if your day wasn't so great.

Hanlie said...

I am so sorry to hear about your work situation. I would also not be zen in the face of that! Especially since you've been doing great.

Juice feasting is a time of change and renewal, also of our minds and environment. This could be a great opportunity for you. I'm sure that you will attract the right (and a better) job for you. Just as you are trusting your body right now, trust the Universe to provide your needs.

Thinking of you!

Lisa said...

Ouch! You must have been floored to be told that - after already doing the job for so long! Looks like "THE CHANGE" is upon you. The universe is opening a door - bigger and better awaits! Meanwhile, there are alot of people out here sending you their support through loving thoughts (me included :-)) Have fun imagining a future with limitless possibilities!

Heather Pace said...

Way to go on the juice feasting! I have pure admiration for you! Thanks for the comment on my blog. Now that I know of your blog, I look forward to reading through your journey :)
Cool that you're in Ottawa, maybe I'll see you at the fest this year.
take care!
heathy

Unknown said...

Hey Juicy Ben,

Lots of Love from way up North;) I think this situation will have a really delightful ending, I look forward to hearing about it.

Your Fast Friend,

Kristi