Monday, February 4, 2008

Day 22 - Loving the yoga!


Okay... so I'm not doing the scorpion asana just yet! :)

That being said, for someone who hasn't done yoga in years, I was surprised to see how much my body remembered the poses and is quickly adapting to them. I was able to do a headstand and hold it for about a minute. I haven't done one of those in forever. I remember when I was 17, trying to master that pose... the countless times I fell backwards or forwards... like a tree! TIMBERRRR! That was me! And now? Body memory! :)

I weighed myself this morning, only to discover that I've lost 15lbs so far. I love to touch my tummy randomly throughout the day... kind of like a pregnant woman! But instead of "ohhh look how much it's growing" I'm thinking "you're shrinking!" :)

Skin brushing was weird this morning! It was like someone was using a woodsaw nearby; tons of stuff was coming off! I know, eww! But it's a good eww! :)

Today I had:

1.25L water+msm+lemon
30 minutes of yoga / 10 minutes of meditation
1.25L celery/collard greens/cilantro+kelp+bee pollen+spirulina
1tbsp coconut oil
1L orange/carrot
750ml cantaloupe
1L young coconut water/pear
1L apple/baby bok choi/dailon/kale
45 minutes yoga / 10 minutes of meditation

I know! I surprised myself with that last juice too! It's the most complex juice I've had since day 3 I think. No tummy aches! :)

Sorry; I'm keeping this one short cause I need to get to bed early tonight. I've got another kiosk at the other end of town tomorrow. I've gotta be up super early to juice (4am). I've got to be out the door by 7am. Ouch!

Schlaf gut! :)

- Ben

1 comment:

Carrie Cegelis said...

Hi Ben,
The pineapple blackberry was delicious - I was inspired by your recipe log....the pineapple blueberry is even a little sweeter - that was my favorite combo from the other night.
I will often use the skin right in with the juice - unless for some reason it is not organic. I think it makes an even creamier juice.
B wants to freeze it a little to attempt a juice "sorbet".
I'm so glad you're having such a great juice feast - you know, ups and downs of course, but skin stuff is the pits, and it's great to finally be getting results.
Stay juicy yourself!