Sunday, February 17, 2008

Day 35 - Namaste.


Namaste: a greeting which reminds us that our highest potential lies in the realm of no ego. Let us meet in that place.

- Namaste TV

I have been having so much fun doing yoga today. I don't know why I stopped doing it for so many years. I especially love doing it to Namaste TV show. It's very challenging and calming. The show is also so well done; the sceneries are breathtaking! My forward folds are improving day by day! :)

I basically slept most of the day away today; working overnights on weekends has a way of catching up with me. Total zombie day. I've been spending a lot of time reading raw blogs. I can't wait to get started on my raw cooking adventure! I'm so psyched! I also know that I have a newfound patience and love for myself; one that will be more forgiving if I have a piece of cooked food here and there. I'm going to look at it as an opportunity to slowly evolve into being 100% raw. My mistake in the past was to think about it as an "all or nothing" thing. I caved and had cooked butternut squash (not the most unhealthful cooked food one can have, really!) and then gave up on raw altogether. Not this time :)

I've also been thinking about "feast breaking". I can't think of a very 'zen' place in Ottawa to do this... (any suggestions?). I was thinking the Montreal biodome would be a great spot. The zen garden at the Montreal botanical garden will probably still be closed given mid April will still be really cold. :( I also think spending a week in NYC would be AWESOME... I'd love to go to Sarma's restaurant.... but it would suck to go and only be able to eat prunes LOL! Maybe this is best saved for post-feast breaking. If anyone has good ideas about nice spots to break my juice feast (on day 92), please let me know. :) Ottawa or Montreal options preferred! :)

Today I had:

250ml water+slippery elm
1.25L water+msm+lemon
1.25L celery/kale/watercress+E3live+kelp
750ml blood orange juice
750ml 'summery juice' (see previous post)
250ml American saffron tea
1tbsp bee pollen
1tbsp coconut oil

Today I also did:

Skin brushing
Mini-enema (bulb)
1 hour of yoga
msm lotion

That's all for me! Colonic tomorrow! Can't wait! :) I leave you with this intro to the Namaste episode that I've been doing for the last few days.



Isn't it so beautiful and calming? It's only missing cute yoga boys! :)

- Ben

2 comments:

B said...

We are planning to sneak our jars of prunes into the Brooklyn Botanic Gardens, perhaps in the cherry esplanade (across the street from our building...) A long commute, I know. Nothing beats Angela's Costa Rican paradise. Not a chance we are going there after the weekly grocery bills, however.

x raw b

Lisa said...

Hi Ben,
For fast breaking, I'd go for somewhere pollution-free, relatively private, out in nature...
Not sure what the weathers like in your neck'o'the woods tho... snowing? Being realistic tho, nature may be romantic and mystical, but I'd want to be near a loo cause I bet there will be quite a peristaltic wave after eating all those prunes!
It WILL be a memorable day tho, so the scenery and sound track are all important.
Happy dreaming!