Friday, February 15, 2008

Day 33 - So bloated!

For those wondering, my neck feels as good as new. I guess that's what happens when you make a conscious decision to do something about an ailment right away instead of going for regular 'western quick fixes'. I'm sure 95% of the population would have taken an ibuprofen and called it a day....

I think we, as a society, need to have more trust in our bodies. We need to understand that our bodies act in our best interest. We buy immodium, rollaids, gasex, decongestants, etc. I remember being a flight attendant and we used to pass gasex around like it was candy; for whatever reason, the more you fly, the more you get bloated on the plane... it goes beyond the gases already inside you expanding.... I have no idea how much damage I've done to my body from being a flight attendant for 2 years. But seriously, look at the rollaids commercials; they basically advertise "hey! eat all that greasy pizza, french fries and chilli you want because you can pop a rollaid later when your body is telling you "you shouldn't have done that!". You're the boss right?". What about immodium? Sure diarrhea is inconvenient but, your body is trying to get rid of something it feels is a threat... do you really want to keep that inside you?

Those were just some of the things I was thinking about today. I had way too much cabbage in my juices today and I felt like a hot air balloon for most of the day. It got me thinking of the old flight attendant days and the gasex parties in the back galley. Conclusion: no more green cabbage in my juices for a while... and red cabbage will be kept to a minimum.

I'm happy to say that I've also started to incorporate items from the Pagano regimen into my juice feast. The Pagano diet, for those who are unfamiliar with it, is a diet specifically tailored to people suffering from psoriasis. It is based on the works of Edgar Cayce and has yielded dramatic results for a vast number of patients. Today, I started to incorporate slippery elm bark in my morning drinking water (apart from the msm water) and American saffron tea (hong hua in chinese medicine).

Slippery Elm

The reason why I'm taking slippery elm is to cure 'leaky gut syndrome'. According to Cayce, leaky gut syndrome and high toxicity in the body are believed to be the root cause of psoriasis. Edgar Cayce suggested that slippery elm bark should be taken in the morning: a small pinch into a glass of water. It's best to let this stand for 20 minutes but not more. I found the quote below just today; I'm thrilled to see that I inadvertently followed his directions; I've been cleansing for some time and have been taking in a lot of liquids. Now it's time to heal those intestinal walls! :)

4841-2
To remove the condition as we have over the system, take that into the system, into the intestines and stomach, those of a nature which acts to the rebuilding of forces and as an absorbent to remove the acidity state in the stomach and intestines: First, into the system what we have now; plenty of water. Cleanse out as much as possible. Then to the system that of water carrying the cellular force of elm. That is, water produced from the bark of the elm, to act as a rebuilding force to the mucus coat of the intestine and lower duodenum itself.

- Edgar Cayce

American Saffron

American Saffron (also known as yellow saffron) has no connection to the expensive Spanish saffron. It is rather inexpensive, especially if purchased from a Chinese herbalist (referred to as Hong Hua). Edgar Cayce recommended yellow saffron for gastro-intestinal healing. A pinch of the herb into boiling water makes a delicious tea. It also acts as a mild laxative.

4264-1
... the action of the saffron to the body is to go through the action of the juices of the stomach, the proper incentive to carry on throughout the system the stimulating force needed to give rejuvenated life to this portion of the stomach when we are rebuilding proper channels through these, then the expressions coming to the nerve force and to all the rest of the body become through the proper channels.

3972-1
... the action of the yellow saffron is to act on the duodenum and the functioning of the small intestines ...

- Edgar Cayce

Important note about Slippery Elm and American Saffron

It's important to note that these two elements should not be taken close together. Slippery elm should be taken in the morning while American Saffron should be taken at night, when one is ready to go to bed.

Whoa! This is getting long... Today I had:

1.25L water+msm+lemon
250ml water+slippery elm
1.25L celery/cilantro/green chard/green cabbage
1.25L apple/red cabbage
1.00L pear/carrot/orange
1.25L celery/green chard/apple/daikon+E3live
1Tbsp bee pollen
1 Tbsp hemp oil

Today I also did:
No exercise...Darn!
No enemas...Darn!
1 nap! :)

Hasta luego!

- Ben

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ben, thanks for your note :o)
Thanks for the FYI about saffron and slippery elm. Interesting.
And WOW have I dealt with my share of bloat/hot air balloon syndrome! Aside from the all-around amAzing aid that GINGER is, taking plain hot water with lemon always seems to help. And lots of yoga twists.
Enjoy...! :o)
xx Jenna