Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Day 37 - Super juicy powers!

Yes, while I wasn't wearing my superman underwear today (don't laugh, I do own this exact pair!) I did have quite a super hero day. I woke up at 3AM to make juice. That's right, 3AM. I had to be in Aylmer (about a 30 min cab ride away) by 7:00AM to set up my kiosk. So I made my juices and then realized I had a lot of free time. So I did a sun saluation followed by 30 minutes of various asanas. Then... I realized I had 'morning brain' because I really didn't have all that free time to do yoga and I had to be out the door in 30 minutes. I did it ! :) With all my juices packed away in my rollie, of course! :)

The kiosk day was uneventful. I got home and I *really* wanted to go to a yoga centre near my place for an hour and a half of yoga. Unfortunately I was so bloated I figured that wouldn't be a good idea. I did 10 minutes of asanas designed to help relieve gas... and there was still some trapped. I ended up doing a pure water enema which, surprisingly enough (after having a colonic the day before) made me eliminate quite a lot of stuff. I couldn't believe it. And I knew that was only part of it. So I grabbed the big guns: cat's claw tea! That stuff just gets all the nasties out! I felt SOOO much better after my cat's claw enema. I got rid of it all; some more impacted stuff plus all that gas.

I decided that, seeing as I wasn't going to yoga, I would go for a run. Yes, I went running into a snow storm! hahaha. The weather wasn't all that cold, but it was windy and snowing. It was nice! :) I ran to the book store and picked up a copy of "Crazy sexy cancer tips" and then I went to the health food store to pick up some agave nectar, organic strawberries and some all natural dishwashing soap. When I got in, the salesguy said "I was thinking about you today! Some girl came in and she was buying all this stuff and I thought of you and asked her "Are you juicing??". Yes! It seems I had just missed a fellow juice feaster mere moments ago! Hahaha! :) I'm curious to find out who it was but I have my theory. :)

- - - - - - - - - - - -

This brings me to my other subject: Listen up, Ottawa peeps!!:

We're 3 people on the Ottawa group on the Global Juice Feast website. I know I've gotten comments from Ramona who's in Ottawa... Ramona! Please join the Global Juice Feast website; it's awesome... and join the Ottawa group! :)

I just got a comment yesterday from an anonymous user in Ottawa. Please also join the Global Juice Feast 2008 website. I think it's a good idea for us to share Ottawa-specific information amongst each other. There is a link to the site on the right column. To answer that anonymous person's question, I get my colonics at the Natural Health Outreach clinic (it's near Hog's back and Prince of Wales Dr). Helga has been administering colonics since 1994. She has VERY competitive rates and has the option of stainless steel or disposable inserts. I've been going to see her for quite some time. She's amazing. If you do go see her, please mention that you've heard of her through me. I don't make commission or anything, but I'd like her to know I'm sending clients her way since she's such a nice lady.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

To conclude my "super hero day" story... I stopped by a natural health product store on my way home and bought some probiotics to help with the gas. I checked with David and Katrina Rainoshek and they agreed it would be a good idea for me to take some at this point because of all the bloating. I picked up an 8-strain formula by Udo. I also found out that same store offers ionic foot baths! For DIRT CHEAP! $30 a session! :) They also have acuped foot pads for 35$ for a box of 12. This is an amazing deal. I'm pretty broke right now from all the massages, chiro adjustments, the colonic and other stuff.... but in a few weeks I'll be going to get an ionic foot bath plus some acupeds to speed up the detox process.

Today I had:

250ml water+slippery elm
1.25L water+msm+lemon
1.25ml celery/spinach/parsley+kelp+E3live
1.25ml pineapple/blueberry
1.25ml watermelon
500ml fruity cocktail goodness juice (aka; extra pineapple juice mixed with extra watermelon juice... INTENSE!)
750ml coconut water
1tbsp bee pollen

Today I also did:

Skin brushing (really quick, I was running late!)
10 min sun salutation
30 min yoga
10 min gas-related asanas
2km run
2L pure water enema
2L cat's claw enema

I passed out rather suddenly around 7 or 8pm while cocooned in my bed reading CSCT. The book is phenomenal so far... I was just really pooped! :) Sorry for the long blog entry guys! :)

Crap! one more thing! :)

I awarded a Juice Feaster's award yesterday to Hanlie of Fertile Healthy. Her blog is very inspiring and I suggest you all take some time to visit it and welcome her into our juicy community. :)

- Ben

3 comments:

Hanlie said...

I'm going to get my husband undies like those!

Seriously! 3 am? That's dedication for you!

Carrie Cegelis said...

what a day, sir juicy ben!
no wonder you are feeling like a superhero....
isn't it amazing how much energy is freed up in your life???
it seems to flow boundlessly out of some central point, that gives ceaseless birth to inspiration and activity.
keep on rocking the juicy world...
xx carrie

Poppy said...

Power to you Ben! Wonderful to hear you with flowing with all that oomph! Love reading ya. Bisous, Poppy x