Monday, February 18, 2008

Day 36 - The office of healing

I keep hearing Kris Carr in my head... saying "everyday you're at the office of healing". That's how I feel lately; especially when the whole juice feasting process gets overwhelming. But you know, the office of healing isn't such a bad place to be. I'm going to be purchasing Kris Carr's book today.... Her documentary (DVD) is already on my Amazon.com wishlist; I can't wait for it to come out (sometime in March)! As soon as it does, I'll be buying it from amazon along with a plethora of raw cookbooks.

In a way, I relate to a lot of what Kris has said about cancer. Psoriasis has been *my* guru as well. It's taught me about alkaline diets, cleansing, detoxing, yoga, meditation, juice feasting, edgar cayce..... How different my life would be if I had not been 'blessed' with psoriasis. That's right, I'm finally opening up to the idea that psoriasis is a really f*cked up blessing.

I guess that idea was reinforced yesterday when my colonic practitioner mentioned how I'm lucky to have psoriasis. I was momentarily furious (this disease is nothing pleasant at all, I've enumerated the challenges of living with this disease in previous posts). She then explained how the fact that my body is expelling the toxins through my skin is actually a good thing in a way; for most people, those toxins stay in the body and cause cancer. It was a bit of a different take on it. I guess I'm able to see my psoriasis in a positive light right now because I know it's going away, and I know that, by the time I'm done with this juice feast, I'll never have it again.

Colonics

Now, I'm sure you're all DYING to know how my colonic went! If not, skip this paragraph! I was expecting to go in there and have my practitioner baffled as to why nothing was coming out and the water was coming out clear. Nope! Little did I know, despite doing regular enemas, I was FULL of impacted fecal matter. I told my CP about JF and she thought it was brilliant. I kept elliminating, what she referred to as "fecal stones". These are hard fecal matter that sticks to the walls of the intestines. Unless you fast and get colonics, they pretty much just stay there. I moved out a lot of that stuff along with gas. She could feel impacted waste in my ascending colon so she massaged it; most of that stuff got moved out really quickly. This means my colon is relatively empty! I felt sooo good after that! Very light... I immeditately had some coconut water to rehydrate and replenish my electrolites. Had I known then what I know now, I would have had a colonic 2 or 3 weeks ago. I will be having another one on day 60 and another after I'm done my parasite cleanse and another on the last day of JF.

Today I had:

250ml water+slippery elm bark
1.25L water+msm+lemon
1.5L celery/red chard/parsley+kelp+E3live
1.5L watermelon juice
1L coconut water
750ml grapefruit juice
1tbsp coconut oil

Today I also did:

Skin brushing
1 hour yoga
1 hour colonic

And for those who are wondering; my interview went SMASHINGLY well! :) Honestly, it could not have gone better. I feel so blessed to be so in tune and alert. I know I had some juicy super powers at work during that interview! :)

Today, I leave you with the trailer of Kris Carr's documentary entitled Crazy Sexy Cancer"



- Ben

4 comments:

Hanlie said...

Wow, that was awesome! She is such an inspiration!

I've been interested in natural healing through nutrition and lifestyle for a number of years, but I've never previously managed to implement it. My infertility sent me on a journey to learn more about healing and about myself and I believe that it's been a blessing in my life too! I've done so much emotional healing in the last year, and this will make me a better parent. Also, I have been able to help many other infertiles on their journey. So, while it sucks, we need to learn to be grateful to our conditions.

NifteThrifte said...

YAY for colonics and interviews that go well!! Gah, I'm having the interview blues at the moment.
That Crazy sexy cancer documentary looks beautiful and real, I am looking forward to watching it! Where the hay do you begin to search for a colonic practitioner? I searched 'colonics in oklahoma (US)' and things like that but come up with nothing... how did you find yours?

Anonymous said...

hey ben
where in ottawa do you go for your colonics? how much does it cost?
i am interested in incorporating it into the global juice feast. i'm LOVING your blog!

Heidi and JS said...

YAY!!!

Good for you on your interview!!!

The juice really does bring about wonderful things!

~ Heidi