Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Day 38 - Yoga Mania!

(late posting… backdated for blogging accuracy…sorry for the delay!)

Today was pretty uneventful. The good news is, I started taking the probiotics as directed by David and Katrina and my tummy is feeling much better already. I was getting pretty sick of feeling like a hot air balloon all the time. I went back to Aylmer today for another fun filled day of kiosk fun. It was another ‘parade of food’ during lunch time. It occurred to me that on day 2 or 3 (I think) of juice feasting, I was at the exact same hotel watching the exact same parade of food. I was ready to hulk out back then, but this time… it all seemed quite weird to me. It was also funny to see other kiosk people being really concerned at the fact that I wasn’t eating. They said things like “you don’t have to be shy eh? You can go eat something!” I told them I packed my own lunch and I was fine.

Seeing as I wasn’t bloated when I got home, I decided to go to Yoga. I decided to take the Kundalini class, thinking it would be like the Namaste yoga show. Nope! It was pretty much all floor and breathwork and heavily based on meditation, mantras and chanting. It was all a bit too much; the chanting especially. I found out later that I should really take a Hatha yoga class or a Vinuyasha class. Something to keep in mind for next time. I’m not entirely sure if I’ll go back to yoga class; I found it really distracting to be aware of other people around me. I find I’m more ‘focused and meditative’ when I’m doing yoga at home, alone. Also, I’m starting to think I’d like to save that money I’d hypothetically be spending for yoga classes and buy a rebounder. I’m going to check my finances and figure out what to do about that.

Today I had:

250ml water+slippery elm
1.25L water+msm+lemon
1.25L celery/collar greens/parlsey+spirulina+kelp
500ml Echinacea tea1.25L watermelon juice
1.25L pineapple/blueberry1L coconut water
1L red gala apple/pineapple/strawberry (YUM!)1L granny smith apple/kale750ml cat’s claw tea

Today I also did:

Skin brushing
1 hour kundalini yoga
30 minutes meditation

That apple/pineapple/strawberry juice was amazing! It made me so happy… plus it gave me tons of yoga energy!

That’s it for me!

- Ben

No comments: