Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Day 44 - Binge monster


First of all, I just want to thank everyone for their comments regarding yesterday's post. I am so grateful to have juicy friends like you. It's really great to have a support group like this and also know that I'm not the only one having these experiences. It's been a tough couple of days, today has not been any different. I have no idea where this is coming from. The Freud-obsessed part of me is struggling to find a repressed desire that is manifesting as a manic desire for solid food... but as Freud once said, "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar". Sometimes a desire for solid food is just a desire for solid food. I guess I just need to keep reminding myself that "this too shall pass".

I'm afraid there was a lot of dipping into the honey jar today. I saw the amount of calories per tablespoon of honey today and was floored! No wonder I spontaneously gained 1lbs out of nowhere! Fuck... I have to fix this.... no more binging on honey! Maybe I'll cut down on fruit juice over the next few days and try more greens. I may try some self-hypnosis to try and repress this habit too. I've always had a lot of success with self-hypnosis.

Today I had:

1.25L water+msm+lemon
1.25L celery/red chard/collard greens/parsley+kelp+E3live
1.25L pineapple/blood orange
1.25L granny smith apple/kiwi (mmm! mmm! mmm!)
500ml Robois tea
500ml mint tea
750ml coconut water
1.00L grapefruit/blood orange/beet
500ml American saffron tea
1Tbsp bee pollen
Probiotics
Lots of honey :( :(

Today I also did:

Skin brushing
15 min rebounder

You know... it's nuts how much liquid I drank today! LOL

Almost halfway done... :) Thanks again everyone... you guys are amazing :)

Kuß!! :)

- Ben

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Kiaora Ben
Yep 8 litres is a lot of fluid! Are you peeing a lot? (Serious question!) I don't have any wise gems regarding your food cravings I'm afraid, although when I gave up smoking, if I felt a craving, I'd have a drink of water and remind myself that it wouldn't last - and sure enough the craving would disappear pretty quickly, usually within 5-15 minutes.
With something like the JF, SO MUCH mental focus is on what's going in the mouth that it must get a bit 'all-consuming'. I'm even finding that with just preping for it!
I see you only have 2 more days till you're half way - yahoooo! That must call for a juicy celebration! Your mid day will be my 1st day - only 2 more days of solid food to go.
Ka kite ano (c ya 2moro)
Big hug x Lisa

Hanlie said...

Wow, that is a lot of fluid! You'll get through this phase, Ben. Don't worry about the calories in the honey for now...

Have figured out whether this is a physical or emotional need? Sometimes the body, especially in times of transition, just needs a little more that what we've been giving, which is why you may be craving the extra calories.

I think you're doing great!