Thursday, February 7, 2008

Day 25 - Epsom salt baths & retracing

We've all had those days where *everything* goes wrong. I just had one of those days today. My stress level was off the roof. I could feel my spine and my back just taking on so much stress. My back was killing me. I ended up going for a massage after work. Best decision ever! My massage therapist ordered me to have an epsom salt bath tonight. I just had one and I feel great. My RMT explained that, as well as having an overall detoxing effect on the body, epsom salt baths help to clear out released lactic acid. It's a great idea to have one after having a deep tissue massage.

I wanted to talk about some retracing symptoms I've had. It's really quite bizarre. The most intense of the symptoms was last week, when I was absolutely convinced I was coming down with strep throat. I immediately started gargling with apple cider vinegar. It would burn when I'd swallow juices, the lymph nodes in my neck were swollen and my voice was getting scratchy. That night I forgot to rince with ACV and the next morning I totally forgot about the strep until many hours later... only to find out it was gone. Was it the ACV? I think it was retracing, actually. I doubt gargling once with ACV would have cured my strep...?

I've also had knee pain a few weeks back. I had this knee pain a few years ago... it stayed for a few months and suddenly went away. I have no explanation for that knee pain. I was scared it had come back... but it only lasted a day!

This severe neck pain I've been experiencing for a few days now... isn't only a result of today's stress. I used to have really bad neck pain between the ages of 15 to 22. I don't know if this is part of the retracing... I'm just about to hit '17' in my juice feast.... Anyway... I hope the massage did the trick! My chiro is out of town for a bit; my next adjustment is Thursday.

Today I had:

1.25L water+msm+lemon
1.25L celery/kale/parsley+kelp+spirulina
1.25L pineapple juice
1.25L apple/baby bok choi/daikon
1L apple/kale+E3live
1L electrolyte drink; coconut water+Himalayan salt, agave, lemon
1tbsp bee pollen
1tbsp coconut oil

I also did:
No yoga :( No time this morning + RMT banned me from yoga for tonight
1 Epsom salt bath
1 hour massage
2L burdock root tea enema

5.75L of juice! Pretty good! :) I saved the coconut water for last; my RMT mentioned how epsom salt baths will make you thirsty and dehydrate you.

***Oh! I need someone's expert advice! So yesterday I woke up to find out I had left my hemp oil on the kitchen counter while I was sleeping... so probably out there for 6 to 8 hours.... do you think it's still good? I put it back in the fridge now... but.... *eg*

- Ben

PS: Here's the recipe for yesterday's tasty butternut juice;
1 to 1 1/2 cups chopped butternut squash
1 large navel orange, peeled and sliced
2 bosc pears, chopped
2 dates, pitted and chopped

Place the orange, butternut squash, pears and dates in the vitamix. Add a wee bit of water and blenderize!!! :) Strain through nut mylk bag and serve in a glass, topped with cinnamon! :) Yummylicious!

1 comment:

Carrie Cegelis said...

I am so going to make that butternut squash juice this weekend! I even have one already on the table of abundance....It sounds amazing.
xo