Thursday, February 28, 2008

Day 46 - Over the hill

This is going to be a long post, so forgive me... I have many items on today's agenda. In the interest of saving you time, I'll index my topics today:
  • Advice for those about to begin Juice Feasting
  • Today's juice feasting log
  • The enema edition
  • Special mention - Carrie :)

Advice for those about to begin Juice Feasting

It's day 46 and things are going great. I'm officially 'over the hill' in juice feasting terms; 46 days down, 46 days to go. I'm so happy. Juice feasting has been tumultuous at times and quite enlightening at other times. I’ve learned a lot about my own body and I suggest that, should you be about to start juice feasting, listen to your own body as well.

My new juicy-to-be friend on giveittomeraw who has psoriasis mentioned to me how she would follow my blog while juice feasting and I was quick to mention how I learned a lot from my own body whilst juice feasting and I suggested she do the same. If you do have psoriasis and decide to juice feast, by all means, read my blog in its entirety to get a general feel for what I’ve done… but this isn’t a blueprint for how to rid yourself of psoriasis; juice feasting in general will do that for you (by detoxing the body), along with regular colonics, chiropractic adjustments, supplements to heal leaky-gut syndrome and yoga to calm the body.

I guess the best piece of advice I have for anyone about to start juice feasting on March 1rst is be open to ‘what is’. Don’t have any expectations of how this will unfold and take it one day at a time. I was quite certain around day 15 that the worse was behind me and this was going to get easier as I went forward. That isn’t always the case… I encountered several challenges through juice feasting: intense stomach pains, variation of a torticollis (unable to speak for an entire day), problems with bloating and really intense cravings. Just remember ‘this too shall pass’. Take a deep breath, find your center…. Do yoga; for whatever reason, yoga seems to ‘calm the storm’ for me. Maybe it will do the same for you.

Today’s juice feasting log

Today was great; the hour of yoga I did yesterday really seems to have calmed my cravings and intense desire to stop juice feasting. I’m feeling very Zen. Today was also mega groceries day; I got some really awesome finds. I got TONS of organic grapefruits. I remember reading in the 90’s how they’re supposed to be a fat-burning food but I don’t know if that’s a myth lol! I was unable to find any blood oranges this week; I’ll venture to another supermarket this week to see if I can find some… seriously… I’m addicted to those things. They’re my candy!

Today I had:

1.25L water+msm+lemon
1.25L celery/green chard/parsley
1.25L grapefruit/orange/carrot
1.25L Spinach/Apple
750ml Peppermint tea
500ml coconut water
750ml plum juice (I was so hyped about this one but it was surprisingly not all that impressive)
1 Tbsp bee pollen+honey
2 Tbsp honey
Probiotics

Today I also did:

Skin brushing
Crap… does mega groceries count?

I also woke up around midnight (after passing out on the couch) and had another ‘normal person’ BM. I have no idea where this stuff is coming from…. It’s like a mystery! If nothing comes from nothing (thank you Parmenides) and no poo comes from no food… then where is this coming from? LOL! Someone call Mulder and Scully!

The enema edition

A special edition explaining the whole enema process was added today; it was so long I added it in a separate post; scroll down to view it.

Special mention

Carrie has moved on to the second phase of her healing journey; from juice feasting to feast breaking and soon to whole foods feasting. She has had an amazing journey and probably has one of the most detailed blogs out there. I have learned a lot from Carrie’s experience and I am proud to have had the chance to juice alongside her. Do visit her blog!! It’s awesome! :) I awarded Carrie the Juice Feaster Award yesterday to congratulate her on her amazing journey. Congrats Carrie!!! You’re amazing!!! :)

That's my super long post for today :)

- Ben

4 comments:

Neeta said...

Thanks Ben, for Kyle's link, for the enema edition and also your sense of humor.....yes someone please call Mulder and Scully LOL!
xxx Neeta

Hanlie said...

I like what you say about juice feasters learning from one another, but more importantly learning to listen to their own bodies. I agree! We are each on our own journey.

Nice post!

Anonymous said...

ben thank you so much for dedicating such a long entry on enemas!!!

Carrie Cegelis said...

Awwww, Ben, you're too much! I have loved feasting right alongside YOU - fellow blood orange junkie! I love your generous posts, so filled with your delightful sense of humor, and such a selfless bounty of information to help other people out. You are one my juice feasting faves, nestled up in my heart now - can't wait til you make it down to the city you fine boy! xx Carrie