Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Day 30 - OUCH! What did I do?


Day 30 was supposed to be bliss! I'm 1/3 of the way there! :) The day started off like it normally does, I got up, made 4L of juice and started getting ready. I did an enema with cat's claw tea. Again, intense enema! I'm convinced I eliminated muculoid plaque this time. I felt very lightheaded afterwards but I had to get to work... so I hopped in the shower, got ready and pretty and dashed out the door.

While I at work I found out Jack & Jill gave me the juice feaster's award! Yay! :) I'm so happy! Good timing too... I think day 30 is quite a milestone for juice feasters!

At lunch, I had a kiosk to host. When it was over, I put all the boxes back in the supply closet and went back to my desk. I started working on my to do list (14 items!). I started to get a bit stressed and then it happened.... INTENSE throbbing pain in my neck. Actually, the front of the neck... in my throat/windpipe area. The pain was to the left... near the clavicle... specifically the "sternocleidomastoid" muscle. I have no idea what happened but this muscle is hurting so badly that I could barely speak. It hurt to swallow and when I had a wee burp to make the pain would shoot even worse. I called my chiropractor and she was gone for the day; I have an emergency appointment at 2PM. I'm hoping it's just a rib or something that can be moved back into place. I'm writing this on the morning of day 31 and it still hurts. I'm just hoping I don't have to go to the hospital for this; I don't want to take any drugs while juice feasting... this would ruin all the progress I've done so far. I'll have to look into acupuncture if the chiro can't do anything. Could it be my throat chakra?

Today I had:

1.25L water+msm+lemon
1.25L celery/kale/parsley+kelp
1.25L Pineapple/Blackberry (oh I've missed you!)
1.00L Orange/Apple/Carrot
1.00L Coconut water/leftover pineapple juice
1Tbsp bee pollen

Today I also did:
Skin Brushing
2L cat's claw enema
Yoga is on hold until my neck is fixed :(

If anyone has any tips regarding my bizarre neck pain, please let me know!

- Ben

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Ben,

One of the things I have learned through doing my journey work is that the symptoms and pains we get are the body's way of telling us something.

While you are waiting to be seen by the chiro you may want to take some time to sit and listen to what your body is trying to tell you.

One way is to sit quietly, close your eyes and see the moment that you hurt yourself on a big movie screen. Go right to the point of pain, stop it and roll the camera back to the seconds right before. See if you can get a sense of what you were thinking or what you were feeling.

Once you have that, try to think about other times in your life you have felt that way. See if there are any memories associated with that feeling.

The goal is not to push it away, it is to welcome it, let it pass and most importantly to forgive anyone including yourself that may be involved with this issue.

See what happens for you. Since you have been experiencing heightened intuition and your body is so clean from the juice feast you will probably find this process easy. If you need any additional assistance feel free to drop me an email.

mmmichelle2006 (at) yahoo (dot) com

I will be sending you loving thoughts!

Carrie Cegelis said...

Oh Ben!
So sorry to hear of your troubles...Michelle's suggestion is wonderful - I too, think that anything coming up at this point can be helpful and insightful for deeper healing. On a physical level, try turning your head to the left to slacken the muscle, and gently grasp it between your thumb and fingers. You can gently drag down the length of the muscle, or just roll it back and forth btwn your fingers to release it. Stay connected with your thoughts and emotions, and keep breathing! Love to you,
Carrie

Heidi and JS said...

Oh Ben!!!

Please let us know how you are doing!

I'm thinking of you!!!

~ Heidi

NifteThrifte said...

Ben! I'm sooo sorry that you're hurting! I have a couple of suggestions:
Up your MSM? I don't know personally if it works but I would assume it would be worth the try.
Have you ever hurt your neck before? Your neck just may be working old kinks out. When I was only on my 5 day juice feast, bruises came back from an IV that I recieved like, 7 months before that. Crazy stuff going on in that lovely skin suit of yours!
What's supposed to happen when you regress back to before you were born?
I hope you are feeling better by now. *Hugs*