Saturday, February 9, 2008

Day 27 - Too much energy?



Ahh yes. There is such a thing as too much of a good thing (except pineapple/blackberry juice... that rule doesn't apply there hehe). I work overnights on weekends (midnight to 8am) and I have to say... these shifts have gotten a lot easier to do since I've started juice feasting. I used to have to drink a lot of coffee to make it through the night... not anymore.

When I got home yesterday, it was time for mega groceries. I think I caught a short nap from noon to 4pm and never managed to fall back asleep again. I'm at work now (on day 28) and I'm completely knackered and zombified. I just want to go to beeeeeeeed.

I used to take melatonin, in the pre-JF days, to get me to fall asleep. It's a completely natural sleep aid; the brain already produces that same chemical when it starts to get dark outside.... that's why we get sleepy when it's dark. I've been refraining from using melatonin during the JF... it's tough because I have so much energy... it would be nice to use it to knock me out. Oh well... only 2 more months of juice feasting and hopefully not much longer of having two jobs!

Today I had:

1.5L water+msm+lemon
1L celery/kale+kelp+E3live
1L pineapple/blueberry (yum! Thanks Carrie!)
1L pumpkin pie juice (see previous posts)
1L apple/spinach juice

Today I also did:
Skin brushing
No time for anything else... too tired.

That's it for me! I can't wait to go to beeeeeeeed. Plus! I have a big date tomorrow :) :) Send some good vibes my way! :)

- Ben

3 comments:

Heidi and JS said...

I'm sending you good vibes Ben!!

<3 Heidi

David and Katrina Rainoshek said...

So are we!

NifteThrifte said...

Sweet Jesus, that scared me!

Good vibes here also!