Sunday, March 2, 2008

Day 49 - Cleanse the mind

I should be in bed by now but I got distracted by the great video Katrina and David Rainoshek posted on globaljuicefeast.com today. I'm coming to a lot of realizations lately. My mind is being opened to a lot of new ideas and I'm coming to conclusions that I don't think I would have found had it not been for this juice feast.

I'm realizing that, while I've been making this effort to cleanse my body.... I also need to take that same amount of effort to cleanse my mind. Now, this may sound pretty fruity, especially coming from a staunch atheist but in all honesty... if plants die from heavy metal music and thrive when classical music is played, I think it's safe to assume that our minds, which are much more complex things, respond negatively to negative things. I think Yoga is helping me with this but I want to do some more work in this department.

I had a big chat with my mom today and came clean about her behavior affecting me negatively. I've asked her to be supportive and the rest of our interactions were actually really positive. I think I may have gotten through to her! I'm so much more assertive lately; at work, with my family, with friends.... That's SO not me; I normally just 'bend over and take it' and then bitch about it. But you know what, I've surprised myself at how straightforward I've been with people lately. My body is detoxing and so is my mind.

I'm playing some nice soothing Mazzy Star right now.... I love her music... it makes me feel very serene. :)

In other random news, my NYC plans are shaping up beautifully. I'm planning on taking a nice little 'raw retreat' at the end of April (post-juice feasting treat) and going to sample all sorts of goodies from raw restaurants in NYC. Also, I want to meet all these really inspirational people I had the pleasure to feast with! :) My sister drives down to NJ every few weeks to visit her boyfriend and so I'm going to hop in for the ride and then make my way to NYC. Fun fun!! :)

Today I had:

1.25L celery/collard greens/parsley+kelp+E3live+Spirulina+Himalayan salt
500ml water+chanca piedra
1.25L grannysmith apple/kiwi
1.00L cantaloupe juice
500ml water+chanca piedra
1.25L grapefruit/apple/spinach/cilantro (YUM! this reminded me of Sarma's cilantro smoothie that I used to make every morning)
500ml water+chanca piedra
1tbsp bee pollen+honey
lots of honey today (I won't buy anymore when the jar runs out... it's a convenience thing more than a craving thing at this point!)

Today I also did:

35 minutes yoga
crunches
my own homemade msm lotion
acupeds!
Self hypnosis for psoriasis healing (mp3 file while I sleep)

For those who are wondering, I woke up to find out my acupeds were REALLY dark brown. yuck! A really weird thing happened though; totally forgot to take probiotics and enzymes today but I wasn't gassy at all... I'm normally always bloated to some extent.... I wonder if the acupeds did that?? :) Hey I'm happy! :)

I'm also FINALLY starting to crave more greens.... this is awesome! It's about damn time! LOL

- Ben (still trying to attain nirvana)

5 comments:

Hanlie said...

I'm so glad that you've laid down some boundaries with your mom! I did the same last year with my family and since then it's no longer an ordeal for me to spend time with them. I also react differently to their criticism, if they do offer it, which is rare. Our families respect us when we stand up for ourselves!

I'm going to keep an eye out for the foot pads. Of course, I mentioned that particular brand on my blog last night, only to have someone tell me that the original Japanese brand is much better... which is all very well, but I don't think I'll necessarily find either or those brands in South Africa.

You're doing so well and inspire me every day!

Carrie Cegelis said...

Hey there love,
Nice work with your mom - it's so important, and doesn't it feel good to grow into yourself a little more? By the way - I think the process you are in IS nirvana. This is the good stuff, Ben! Diving more deeply into yourself, finding new nooks and crannies, cleaning out, transforming, this is the nectar of life - the process. The goal is never-ending, you can do infinite work on yourself, and only become more perfect, so content yourself with exactly what you are doing, right now!
Thank you for reminding me about Mazzy Starr!!!! It's been years since I've listened to her - totally slipped off my radar - I'll have to pull her back out now. Can't wait to see you in April....

Lisa said...

Hi Ben,
Good to hear things are on the up and up with your Ma. Mums tend to go through an adjustment phase when their kids go independant (I know! I have an 18yr old son). Sounds like your mum's adjustment phase has been rather extended and she'd got a bit stuck in old habits but you're helping her evolve by being honest.
And yeah try to keep up the oil (hopefully taking it away from other nutrition helps stop the liquid greens :-o). It's really important for healthy cell membranes and therefore hormone balance, and nutrient absorption.
Hey you're soooo close to day 50. I appreciate your MASSIVE effort and commitment so much more now that I'm juicing too. Getting to day 50 seems like climing Mt Everest from where I am right now. That's a long time! I'm hanging on to the fact that if you and others can do it then so can I.
Hope you had a fandangled weekend off.
Big hugs back at ya xxx
Lisa
Oh and PS - good enema edition! Was flying blind but now I see that all is "normal" :-))))) hehe!

Penni said...

Hi Ben...
I've seen you around a bit and wanted to pop by and see your blog....You are doing great! I can tell by reading just one entry that you'll be a regular haunt now on my inspirational blogger rounds.
Peace....
Penni

MiandO said...

Ben! I can't wait for you to get your juicy buns here to NYC! I wish we could host you, but alas we live in a typical 450 sq foot NYC studio apt with barely enough room for us and the juicer! But I would suggest you stay in our hood (Chelsea--happens to be super hopping, the gay district, the art district and within minutes walking of Sarma's and many other raw palaces!). The Chelsea Hotel is a landmark spot, but their is also an International Youth Hostel close by. Oh, I can't wait!!
xxkyle