Sunday, March 16, 2008

Day 63 - Ohh Jeeves!


Well its day 63. This means there’s less than a month of juice feasting to go. It’s going to be so easy from here on end. I had an “oh my god I really want sauerkraut” moment today and it was a lot easier to acknowledge that craving and let it go because I know that 29 days from now, I’ll be eating food again.

I was so tired today again. I really needed to do some house cleaning but I just wanted to veg and take advantage of my TV day. The good news is, I TIVO’ed everything so I got to skip those brainwashing commercials. Yay! There was one interruption to ‘veg-out day’; I noticed I would be out of celery and lemons by tomorrow if I didn’t go to the health food store to pick up some more. When I got there, I was informed it was their busiest weekend on record and they were totally sold out of celery! I guess this is part of the ‘challenges’ on the hero’s journey? I was faced with two options; catch another bus to the market and hope I’d find some organic celery or go to the supermarket next door and get some conventional celery. I’m afraid, due to my zombie-nature on Saturday, I caved and went to get 2 conventional celeries. I’ll get some organic ones on Tuesday when that store gets a new order in. This will be the first time on the juice feast that I drink some conventional veggies. The only non-organic produce I use for juicing is pineapples, citrus and melons (when no organic version can be found). I’m sure 2 days won’t hurt though.

The sun is shinning a lot more lately and that’s so encouraging. Hopefully this means I’ll be biking to work again soon. The good thing about getting out of the house to get the produce was I got some sun and it made me happy! :)

Today I had:

1.25L water+orange+msm (yes… that says orange, I ran out of lemon… a boy has to improvise sometimes)
1.25L celery/kale/cilantro/dandelion greens+E3live+kelp+H salt
1.75L watermelon juice
1.5L pineapple/blood orange/blackberry
2Tbsp bee pollen+agave

Today I did :

Napping ? Sleep : 10AM to 1PM… God… that sounds aweful… I really need to quit my second job !
TV: Tons of American idol and other TIVO’ed stuff! :)
Not bad for a zombie day : I didn’t used to be able to get 4L a few weeks back. I’ve consistently gotten over 4L of juice lately! It’s nuts because now I can’t imagine not getting in that much juice. The truth is; I probably would have taken in more juice had it not been for the ‘effort’ it takes to make juice. Times like these, I wish I was rich and had a buttler!................................ *daydream*

Oh Jeeves! Can you make me some Pineapple/blood orange juice please? Oh… add some pomegranate juice to it this time… and I want it served in a martini glass! Mason jars are so bourgeois!

Did I mention Jeeves looks a lot like Axel Hermann in my day dream? Mmmmm…. I won’t get into what he’s wearing! :P

Kuß kuß!

- Ben

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your wonderful humor Ben :)

Wish I could juice feast too :(

Maybe this summer :)

Michelle said...

Oh my gosh, you crack me up. When I first opened your blog I couldn't figure out what the heck that picture was doing on there. And I got a big smile on my face when I found out. Thanks for the humor!

Michelle

RawLeah said...

I just started reading your blog and I love it! My juice feast begins this coming monday.... and I am so excited.

Lisa said...

Wow not long to go now Ben - must feel like the down hill stretch in a marathon.
You're doing so great :-)
Big Hugs
Lisa x

Linda in the Raw said...

Grat job, I just stumbled upon your blog today - great stuff!

I am on day 23 and I would LOOOOOVE a juice butler!! What a life! I'd be knee deep in pinapple, cucumber, mint if that were the case!

xoxo,
Linda

Anonymous said...

ben
i'm addicted to your blog!
it's my favourite place on the internet these days!
keep it up. you are an inspiration!!
hugs
ramona

Anonymous said...

I am glad that there are other sane people out there.
i day dream all the time and when someone pisses me off I come home and fight with my reflection in the tiles as I wash dishes !

I hope that this juicing total transforms your life and that you get EVERYTHING including the butler that you are dreaming of.

Angela