Monday, March 3, 2008

Day 50 - Meetings meeting meetings


What the hell? I woke up this morning... and I kept hitting snooze. I got up, took off the acupeds (which were crusty brown again but the one I stuck to my side (near my liver) wasn't as brown as before) and started to make juice. I then remembered in a very "oh shit!" moment that there was a 9:00AM meeting today. Who the hell schedules a meeting at 9AM on a Monday? First of all, my bus gets me to work at 9:05. That involves leaving the house at 8:35. I then realized I'd have to leave at 8:15. I made juice in record time today. I had time for skin brushing and everything!

I walked outside only to find out that the entire city was a giant skating rink. The sidewalks were incredibly slippery and there was freezing rain outside. I kept having visions of slipping, falling and all my mason jars of juice breaking, leaving me drenched in a tie-dye mix of various juices.

Luckily I got to work without incident. The first meeting was a giant waste of time but it was an 'all staff meeting'. People across other department that I know by name but never formally work with were there. My morning green juice became a topic of discussion and I even spotted some people writing down the recipe for it! Hilarious!!! :)

After the first meeting I realized today was a 'meeting-a-palooza' day. I had 4 meetings on my schedule. Sigh. By the 2PM meeting I ACTUALLY FELL ASLEEP during the meeting. It was downright embarassing! I have no idea why I got so tired; either fruit juices are finally getting to me and I'm feeling the 'crash' that accompanies them or I was just downright tired of meetings... I also could have gotten more sleep last night!

Today I had:

1.25L water+msm+lemon
1.25L celery/black kale/cilantro/parsley+kelp+E3live+Himalayan salt
1.25L green apple/kiwi
1.25L pineapple blueberry
500ml pineapple/green apple/kiwi (I had extra juice from those first two, mixed them together.. .SO GOOD!)
1L coconut water
500ml water+chanca piedra
300ml water+ chanca piedra
probiotics
enzymes
1tbsp bee pollen+honey
few tbsp honey again (sorry!)

Today I also did:

Skin brushing
30 minutes yoga

Yep......... I need some Zzzz! Ttyl fellow juicy people! :)

- Ben ........ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

5 comments:

Neeta said...

happy snoozing ben, get some good sleep with lovely dreams and deep rest.....
thinking of you, with love from india,
xxx neeta

Michelle said...

Hi Ben,
Thanks for the support on my blog. I have the link for the foot detox pads that man left me and I thought I would give it to you here to make sure you get it.

http://www.4kawase.com/

Have a great day!!

David and Katrina Rainoshek said...

Hey Ben!! Just noticed your pineapple/blackberry suggestion on Penni's blog, sounds amazing!! Two of my favorite fruits!

Day 4 is going great for us down here in AZ, and we are sending you some warm winds to soften that ice rink that you are in.

love! Katrina

Carrie Cegelis said...

Oh dear!
The afternoon crash....when it hits, it hits! I will get that on the subway home sometimes at night...esp if I get a seat with a heater under it - no contest! I'm happy as long as I'm not drooling - haha!
Love to you, juicy sweet!
PS - I had extra kale salad today, just for you....

Lisa said...

Mmmmmmm! Pineapple and blueberry - am going to try that one!
Night night from NZ x