Sunday, March 9, 2008

Day 56 - Tasteless pineapples and snowstorms!

So after my shift at the hotel today, I started making my way home. Only, we got 51cm of snow (almost 21 inches) over the weekend! Really crazy snowstorm! The sidewalks were completely snowed in; no choice but to walk through main roads. Luckily most people avoided venturing out of their homes. The buses were totally fucked and cabs were nowhere to be found. It took me over an hour to get home. Unreal!

Here are some pictures of what my walk home looked like:



David and Katrina... can I come juice feast with you guys in Patagonia? I'm getting sick of this winter! :P *giggles*


When I finally did get home, I was staaarving. No time for water and MSM this morning, I'm afraid. I wanted green juice ASAP! So that's what did. I felt really tired all day today which was basically due to working the overnight shift. I really need to quit the hotel...real soon or I'm going to have a burnout. I can feel it. :( After juice feasting I should be able to afford quitting the hotel....

My next juice of the day was one of my all time favorites; pineapple and blackberry. Only this week, I wasn't able to find some big organic pineapples so I settled for some non-organic ones. Wow. People who think organic is a big joke have no idea of how much more flavorful organic produce is. This conventional pineapple I had tasted soooo watered down. It was a total bummer! Sigh. I hope the other 3 pineapples I bought have more flavour than this one.

Today I had:

1.25 celery/collard greens/parsley
250ml water+chanca piedra
1.5 pineapple/blackberry
1.25 grapefruit/blood orange/carrot
250ml water+chanca piedra
1tbsp bee pollen+agave
2tbsp honey+royal jelly

(another buzzkill was the 1lb of bee pollen I bought at the health food store... tastes like CRAP compared to the one I had bought from the local guy in the market. Damn.... there's 14$ down the drain.... I LOVE my local guy bee pollen... I'll have to go buy more from him soon...!)

Today I also did:

Napping? No exercise today guys... I was zombified! But I did fill my head with lots of inspirational raw-vegan podcasts from Revvell (http://www.revvellations.com/)

I'll start logging sleep and everything tomorrow. All I did today was nap since I worked overnight... I think I got in 6 hours of sleep throughout the day.

That's it for me today..... I know, boring post today eh? Well the snow thing was cool! :) I sure picked THE winter to go raw, eh?

- Ben

5 comments:

Lisa said...

White Out! It doesn't snow where I live so that looks kinda exciting but must be hard going for so much of the year - I'd miss seeing green!
We have rain here this Tuesday morning and 88% humidity, and the sun's not rising till 7:15am as we're about to slip from summer to autumn.
Try and get some good sleep in this week zzzzzz
Take care
Lisa

David and Katrina Rainoshek said...

BEN!! That looks crazy! We sat here moaning and groaning in sympathy. I just skyped with a friend who is living in Montreal, and she showed us the out the window view, cars buried, looks just like Ottawa I'm sure! I'm glad my frostbitten toes days are over for now, and yes, Arizona is just a little different...the sun is shining!! You are one brave man.

With love to you,

David and Katrina

Lisa (Pixywinks) said...

Your blog is far from boring, sweetie. Stay warm and get some Zzzzs!
Pixy

MiandO said...

Ben, I feel like such a jerk! Here I am moaning and groaning and look what you are braving everyday! I am so proud of you and your dedication to a juicy life! My parents live in VT and are having the hardest winter they can recall too!
I just totaled up my week one grocery receipts and I spent $325 just in juicing supplies, which does not include all the start up costs and supplements! Yikes!
Get some much deserved rest my dear!
xxkyle
PS: LOVED the slide show to the nutcracker! You are too funny!

Pippa * Jeanne said...

Well, at least you are moving into spring ... theoretically. :) In this part of the world we are moving into winter (gasp). Glad I discovered your blog, Ben!

I'm in awe of how far you have come on the juicy journey, especially with a job that takes a lot of effort, it seems to me. I'm inspired!