Thursday, March 6, 2008

Day 53 - Empty fridge + Empty stomach = Empty wallet!


Bear with me today. It’s going to be one hell of a long entry.

The things I want to cover today are as follows:



  • Mega shopping adventures

  • Falling in love again with juice feasting

  • Acupeds and Parasite zapper updates

  • Weird dreams (about my colon?)

Mega grocery shopping

Have you ever heard that saying “don’t do groceries whilst hungry”? Yep! Ridiculously bad idea! I went shopping yesterday for groceries and I should have had some juice before going but seeing as I have to run to the washroom every hour when drinking juice, I try to avoid drinking juice prior to going grocery shopping. The first stop was Loblaws where I managed to spend a whopping 100$! I bought a lot of stuff though. I mean, I woke up this morning to find out I had only enough ingredients to make juice for today. I actually had to make two green juices to bring to work today because… I ran out of fruit!

Needless to say, my body was on a rampage. I also had to buy more agave nectar and I found some honey with royal jelly mixed in. It’s non-pasteurized and I hope it’s raw! It’s very tasty and when I have a teaspoon of it, I’m not craving more of it. It’s very satisfying! I think this will help my recent honey binges! The next stop was the health food store where I bought a whopping 120$ worth of stuff! What the hell? This week has been a really expensive week for juice feasting! 240$ in total (add the coconuts from Chinatown that my dad was kind enough to buy for me).

I was a bit upset about this until I started thinking about how I used to spend my money before juice feasting. I always think “before juice feasting, I used to spend 100-120$ a week on groceries”. Hmmm… Let’s look at my pre-juice feasting lifestyle, shall we?

Groceries 120$
Cigarettes 20$
Coffee 20$ (or more)
Snacking at work 25$
Restaurants and ‘fast food’ 50$ (average per week, over a month)
Health Food store purchases 20$

That’s a total of $225 a week on food/vices. In actual fact, juice feasting is costing me LESS than my pre-juice feasting lifestyle. This really explains why I haven’t gone into debt or anything while juice feasting. It just SEEMS like I’m spending more money because I’m spending it all in one place. Lets not forget, this week’s splurge of 240$ on juice feasting stuff is an exception; last week I only spent 160$ which is a pretty consistent average. Anyway that’s all I wanted to bring up! While juice feasting seems expensive, you save money in a lot of other places.

Falling in love with juice feasting again

I have to admit, breaking the feast earlier has been on my mind lately. As Carrie mentioned, a lot of the fellow feasters I started juicing with in the earlier days have since transitioned back to solid foods. I’m determined to juice feast for 92 days unless my body tells me otherwise. But yesterday, I was passing buy the prunes and I stared at them for a while wondering if this was the time. Nope! It’s not. But I decided I was falling into a slump with juice feasting. I needed to fall in love again. I realized one of the things I miss most about solid food is being creative in the kitchen. I LOVE to cook and invent recipes. Why couldn’t I invent a new juice? Well I did just that… but I warn you… this juice cost me 23$ to make. It yielded 1.5L of juice.

Love juice

2 Pomegranates (5$)
6 Fresh black mission figs (6$)
2 Blood oranges (1$)
1 bunch of organic red globe grapes (roughly 3 to 4 cups worth – 6$)
8ox Organic Strawberries (5$)

First I put the pomegranate seed thingies through the Samson juicer to extract the juice. That juice went into the Vitamix along with all the other ingredients. I pulverized it and strained it through a nut milk bag. If I had to do it again, I would omit the figs, or put less. It made for a very THICK juice. Probably too thick for juice feasting… but I didn’t care. It was SOOOO tasty! Mmmmmm! Just what I needed… a little honeymoon from the green juices! :) Which brings me to….

Today I had:

1.25L water+msm+lemon
1.25L celery/green chard/cilantro+E3Live+kelp+Himalayan salt+spirulina1.25L grapefruit/apple/carrot
1L celery/spinach/collard greens+spirulina
1.5L Love juice1Tbps bee pollen+agave1Tbsp honey+royal jelly mix
Probiotics
Enzymes

Today I also did:

Skin brushingParasite Zapper (all day)
Manual labor (we moved boxes around for 2 hours straight at work yesterday!)
(Missed yoga! Darn!)

Zapper & Acupeds update

The zapper is really weird. Yesterday I’d wear it at work and everything would be fine… then it would start to burn like a bitch and I’d move it around…. I was moving it around constantly. Interestingly enough, if I put it near my ascending colon (where worms apparently live) I would need to move it after 5 minutes. I can normally keep it near the descending colon for 30 minutes or more. Weird eh?

Ad for the acupeds, I woke up yesterday morning to find out that they were all gross and gunky again… but only in certain spots!! I guess this means maybe I’m not so toxic after all! :)

Weird dream

I had the strangest and most vivid dream last night. To be honest, I’ve been having a lot of weird vivid dreams during juice feasting but this one takes the cake. I dreamt that the airline I used to work for was short flight attendants and they had called me in to do one flight as a favor for them. I showed up with my suitcase only to find out it was practically empty and I didn’t have a uniform (duh… I haven’t been a flight attendant in over a year now). I was a bit worried about going to the UK with only one shirt and one pair of pants. Then we walked over to the bridge to the plane; two bridges were out; one to the forward door and one to the aft (rear door). That basically forms a U shape right? In the dream, I actually interpreted that image as being my colon. When I got into the plane, I realized the whole thing was empty. I guess my body is telling me that I’m not carrying as much junk anymore. My ‘suitcase’ is empty and so it my colon. I guess I don’t have to focus so much on detoxing anymore and I need to focus more on healing. Consequently, I don’t think I’ll be doing regular ionic foot baths after this Saturday’s appointment… I will nonetheless continue to do colonics… but I guess I’ll just focus more on healing activities.

Anyway… I think my little slump might be over. I know I’ll feel a lot better once I hit day 60. I think the 92 day goal will feel a lot more achievable at that point.

That’s all for now… sorry for ranting on so much.

- Ben

4 comments:

Hanlie said...

I was engaged, as always! I think you're right about a juice feasting slump... I'm going to work on this in the next few days.

I also think juice feasting is less expensive!

MiandO said...

Welcome back to happy juicing Ben! Although maybe it's in the air, because I am in a bit of a slump today too...and I am only ending day 7! Oh boy, not yet!! I was thinking about how much harder this is to do during the winter too. Think about how enjoyable a juice would be in the middle of July opposed to the middle of March! How silly we are to be defying nature!
Anyways, you are doing awesome and I am so excited for your upcoming visit. Keep you eyes on the prize kid!
xxkyle

Lisa (Pixywinks) said...

Great dream! I was thinking the other day about how expensive all the groceries are, but then I reminded myself I'm not buying Starbucks or going out to eat either. So I figure it all evens out.
Lisa

Lovingraw said...

The zapper sometimes burns me too and I have to adjust it. I had just dealt with it all day and it actually gave me a sore.