Sunday, March 23, 2008

Day 70 - Random ramblings

As a Pastafarian, I don't really do Easter!

My mom called to wish my happy Easter today and I was so confused. I'm sorry but as a vegan atheist, this holiday is completely lost on me. I mean, this holiday only has meaning if you're Catholic, enjoy chocolate or painting eggs. I consider myself excommunicated and I don't understand why 99% of easter chocolate has to be milk chocolate. Not that it matters this year....

Wow... I'm in a really crummy mood tonight aren't I? Argh. I'm not feeling like myself tonight. Maybe I should just go to bed.... Maybe it's the sleep deprivation.... Maybe I'm just kooky!

Sorry in advance... this is going to be one long-winded post. I'm in one of those moods where all I want to do is write and ramble on endlessly about things you may or may not care about. But that's fine... because while I appreciate having an audience to bounce things off of... tonight's post is for me. I'm feeling very reflective today.

The first thing I wanted to talk about today was yesterday's dream (see day 69). Sorry for freaking everybody out... :) Lisa pointed out that I should look up how I'm doing retracing-wise to see if the dream coincided with anything. I was writing her a comment yesterday and was about to say this: "Well according to my calendar I'm 3 years old now and I don't really remember much from then other than..." and then the light bulb went off. The only memory I have of being 3 years old goes like this: my mom is sick and passed out on the couch. I decide I feel left out and I'm sick too! I go to the medicine cabinet and take two bottles of children's aspirin. I pop them open and pretty much eat the whole thing. My mom woke up and freaked out, rushed me to the hospital where they pumped my stomach. There's something EERILY similar about the dream I had last night (and the stomach/colon spasms I SWEAR I had during the dream) and this memory. Hmmm... :)

This weekend was a bit of an experiment. Working overnights at the hotel really screws things up for the juice feasting schedule, I find. When do I take my morning MSM? Should I drink juice during the night or not? Etc. These are all questions I had to find answers to. I used to not drink any juice at all from 11PM to 8AM to create consistency. The problem with this is I would be starving and light headed by the time I got home and dying for some green juice.... usually would skip the water/msm because the hunger was so consuming. Then I decided I would bring msm/lemon to work so that when I got home, the msm/water would have been drank at the hotel and I could go ahead and have green juice. The problem with that is I'd be so knackered at the hotel that I didn't care much for water/msm. Last weekend I decided to bring watermelon juice for sustenance and that actually was a pretty bright idea. This weekend I brought my evening green juice AND watermelon juice to the hotel. This I think is the way to go. The only problem with this weekend's experiment is when I got home, I had NO desire to drink green juice. My body wanted fruit juice and it wanted it NOW. I'd manage to get in my water/msm but I really wanted some sweet sweet happy juice. It's 10PM now... and I'm just NOW having my morning green juice. BAD BEN! Only 1LB of leafy greens today. Sigh.

My upstairs neighbor is a really inconsiderate woman who has no concept that bass travels more than she realizes. I've talked to her about this once before and she was completely apathetic and unapologetic. Today, she was up to her regular tricks so I thought I would teach her a lesson. I put my stereo on my fridge and my speakers in my top kitchen cabinets and pointed them to the ceiling. I set the bass on high and I put some German chick rock on. I closed the cupboard doors and put the volume on high. It wasn't so loud to me but I'm sure the bass was doing quite a number upstairs...... I'm not proud of this. But some people need to be taught lessons in considerateness. I'm still feeling shaky and distraught about this incident. I hate feeling vengeful and indignant. I just want some peace and quiet? Is that too much to ask?

I should be signing my letter of offer this week which means, the minute I sign on the dotted line, I'm emailing my letter of resignation to the hotel. The irony is, juice feasting would have been a lot easier to do without the weekend job... and by the time I quit, juice feasting will be over! LOL.

I really want a salad.

I'm really into Our Lady Peace and Smashing Pumpkins lately. It's so retro 90's and makes me feel safe in a really weird fucked up kind of way. It's probably not the most Zen music out there... and I'm sure it would kill most houseplants.... but I like it! On the plus side, I'm really into Rachael Yamagata lately too... her voice is very soothing and her lyrics very endearing. So it balances out, right? Okay I know, nice try Ben.

Fuck... I forgot... Parasite pills... BRB....

Back! I was amused to read that Carrie also enjoys the parasite pill-induced clove-flavored burps. Ouch... okay....maybe only try swallowing 2 pills at a time - not 3.

Is anyone else addicted to Scrabulous on facebook?

Today I had:

1.25L water+msm+lemon (3Tbsp msm/2 lemons)
(The above is getting very potent!)
1.5L Pineapple/Blackberry/Blood orange
1.5L Kiwi/Green Apple
1L Celery/black kale/dandelion greens/cilantro+kelp+E3live+spirulina+H salt
3Tbsp bee pollen+agave (oh yea... lazy today so I dipped into the bee pollen)
10 Parasite pills (check!)

Today I did:

Zapper (all night but not all day)

Sleep: 9am to 12:30PM (I typically don't sleep at all on Sundays so this is good guys!)
TV: Finally caught up on Idol... :P Is the writer's strike over yet?? What is going on with that? I want some new episodes of HOUSE!

Gutenachtkuß!

- Ben

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Hey Ben, I bought all of her books and the one you asked about it very basic. I am not sure if it will help you at this stage.

She talks a lot about how to transition, how to set up a kitchen, what kinds of foods to get, the tools of the trade, etc. There are some meal plans that are in the book for beginners, 50% raw amd 100% raw with 20 recipes.

I figured it was so cheap that I would get it. It would be good for someone who never tried raw before.

Hope that helps!
Michelle